Got some good news yesterday......

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sadly i got some bad news too.

Well the good news is, i have been given permission by my doctors to start riding my bikes again. No more jumping the moto or any hard DH type stuff but atleast i can get out there and ride again. :D

The bad news is,(and the reason for the good news) that they can't do a whole lot to fix my wrist properly. The bones have heeled, the cartilage is coming along pretty well, but i have snapped a ligament or two in my wrist area. The biggest problem is one of the snapped ligaments holds the two fore arm bones together and this is why the outside one keeps popping out of joint. They can't reco it, they have to fuse the joint completely to fix it and thats not really an option at my age. So i've been told to go out and carry on with life as normal, keep it strapped when riding etc, and hope for the best. :?

Anyway, i'm no longer selling any of my bikes, i'm going riding this weekend, and i'm generally in a better mood than i have been for the last 7 months. Thanks for putting up with my negativity and sobbing while i've been on here, should be a little different from now on.

Thanks for all the support guys.

BTW, it wouldn't let me post this in the OTD forum again..

Ty

Eats Squid
good to hear gutty, so you going to build ya self up a XC bike to roll around on till you can ride Dh again?

CHEWY

Eats Squid
well at least u can ride again.... but do u have any idea if ull ever be able to get vack on the moto or dh bike?

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ty, my DJ bike just got a set of Tioga city slickers put on it. Boy do hey roll fast. Got a nice bike path that runs along the beach front for about 10-15kms only a coupla minutes from my house. That path is gonna cop a workout over the next few months.

Chewy, i can ride the moto now,(Going trail riding on saturday hopefully) just no big jumps for now. As for the DH bike, i guess that all depends on the trail. I can ride it but i find it to be alot harder on the body than the moto so might leave it alone for a little while longer until i get full strength back in my arm.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cruz said:
Gutty, Adidas have some really good wrist supports/guards which would help you a lot and they are very well made and last a long time, washable etc.

Good to see you back on a bike.
Thanks man, i'll look into them. :)

Ryan

Radministrator
From my understanding, he's getting that done anyway by the Docs :)
Good to hear Gutty, being able to ride again is great insanity relief.

S.

ex offender
Good to hear mate!

Ya might accidentally get fit if you keep doing that 15km bike path tho... be careful :lol:

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that's sweet man! So can you use your wrist to say pull the bike up to manual? can it take hits? Does some hardcore strapping help with this stuff? Just wondering what your limits are.. Finally some good news!

fastrider_ben

Likes Dirt
dude i had a busted wrist a few weeks ago its healed now, but still it hurts a little when im riding, i know the feelin
well good luck on making a full recovery

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hurting your wrist sux... i seem to do it all the time and it never seems to want to heal, always getting pain.
Good to hear you are back riding mate... I don't know how you've lasted this long.

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks alot peoples, it helped having a bit of support from you guys.(especially steve and justin)

kalem: i can't manual at the best of times, yeah i have to strap it, the biggest problem is a broken ligament that runs between the 2 fore arm bones so strapping the 2 bones together is a must and does make my wrist "feel" quite strong. Yeah, i can do wheelies, ride off gutters etc but time on the bike should see that improve pretty fast.(You are so right it's not funny Josh, Blood flow and oxygen are key right now so the bike really will help)

Fat_Ride: 2 words,"Videos" and "beer". I have about 60 or so vids/dvds in my collection now. And have put on about 7 or so kilos.........

kalem

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gutty said:
Thanks alot peoples, it helped having a bit of support from you guys.(especially steve and justin)

kalem: i can't manual at the best of times, yeah i have to strap it, the biggest problem is a broken ligament that runs between the 2 fore arm bones so strapping the 2 bones together is a must and does make my wrist "feel" quite strong. Yeah, i can do wheelies, ride off gutters etc but time on the bike should see that improve pretty fast.(You are so right it's not funny Josh, Blood flow and oxygen are key right now so the bike really will help)
sounds good man. :wink: