GPS-enabled helmet

M|ke

Likes Dirt
i dont really think that there will be that big a market for mtb or roadies but definatley for roadbikes. But i dont think that there are enough people that ride so far away on bicycles that they dont know there way back home to actually need a device like that

cool idea for roadbikes though

Rik

logged out
Did you read the whole thing? It's not about navigation, it's about emergency assistance.

mshagg

Likes Bikes
Strange. Whilst engaging in obligatory crap-talking on the push up to a run the other day, a mate mentioned he thinks there'd be a buck to be had in designing emergency beacons for riders!

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
damn oath there would be a market for it, i belive its a graet idea, but with all great idea's it depends on the price, and most technogly like this, even through super handy is out of reach for the average person due to price.

which makes me think it will never take off.

thompo

Likes Dirt
its a good idea but i think the price will put the majority of people off, i don't belive there will be a market for it in mountain biking but who knows.

hochiki

Likes Bikes
its a good idea but i think the price will put the majority of people off, i don't belive there will be a market for it in mountain biking but who knows.
You can pick up an EPERB (not sure if that is the correct spelling) from your local boat shop for about $300. I carried one last hike I did with myn daughter. They are about the size of a pack of cigarettes and much better for you:D. Kind of think that building it into a helmet is just exposing your last lifeline to unnecessary risk.

If you do buy one of these remember if you "accidentally" set it off, and the emergency services respond, you will cop a fine and also be charged for the cost of the emergency response.:eek: