Granite Design mtb tools

ben_106

Likes Bikes
not sure if this is the right thread for a review ( mods please move or let me know)

I got some Granite tools last week and thought id let you guys know about them and what my thoughts were on them

Granite Stash tire plug:
really nice Quilty on the build and the design and fits neatly inside the Handle bars and came with 2 different size bar ends the tire plug them selves are universal so in the unfornaite event I run out they will be easily replaceable.
it 35g and was $25

Granite Stash chain tool
brakes chains simple design nice and light and its the kinda thing you don't use every day so fit it in your bars and forget about it infill the day you need it
as with the tire plug comes with 2 different size bar ends and at $30 its a bargain for the Quilty also stores a spare chain link

cleaver leaver
these tyre leavers are the ducks nuts super strong no flex and slide to gather to give you a quick link chain removal made easy
60g for the pair and $20 on mtb direct the closest competition I could find was $30

rock n roll
bit like a multitool just a lot easier to use and stronger the driver has a rating of 60nm considering most bits on a bike are between 5 and 15nm this has more then enough strength its light weight 136g and comes with 9 bits and a extension

I've put a quick review video up if you would like to have a look at them

Granite tools

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I’ve moved it for you, but if you wouldn’t mind adding the template that would be a help.

Thanks for making the effort with the video; you can embed it to make it more obvious.

Edit: deleted your new thread at the same time, let’s stick with this one now.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I saw this product elsewhere; nice that the in-steerer multi-tool doesn’t require you to thread the fork like the One-Up but replaces the star nut with an insert I think?

Would be keen to hear more about that.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I saw this product elsewhere; nice that the in-steerer multi-tool doesn’t require you to thread the fork like the One-Up but replaces the star nut with an insert I think?

Would be keen to hear more about that.
Importer hasn't sighted them yet but here's an exploded view.

Last edited:

petertronica

Likes Dirt
Can anyone confirm if you need to use an allan key to remove the stash tyre plug from the handlebars? So - do I need to carry a multi-tool as well, and in a race, how long would it take to get it out?