Graves beats Bubba Harris

demo man

Used to be cool.
heres the link for footage of the race - http://media9.filewind.com/g.php?filepath=3278

click on the ''download''

Holy farkin shit! :eek:

Thanks so much for posting that up - Notice the guy with the Camera is following Bubba though, which is to be expected. :rolleyes:

That was some super fast stuff though hey - I was expecting Graves to be in easier to spot green Yeti kit though, oh well. I wonder what the crowd was like when they heard Graves had taken it out..Same for Bubba, wonder what he and Graves said to each other after the race.

anyway - I know Graves is an amazing rider - but it doesn't stop me from being amazed everytime I watch him!

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
demo man said:
I wonder what the crowd was like when they heard Graves had taken it out..
Maybe bmxbandit or someone that was there could tell us....

Well done Jared

lopes

Squid
Maybe bmxbandit or someone that was there could tell us....

Well done Jared
I don't think it was much of a surprise after Jared's top form over the previous weekend at Nerang.

Props to Jared, but Bubba certainly made up a lot of ground after an average start.
Bubba's class and speed was obvious during his few laps, and watching him in person was a real eye opener - talk about style.

I hope Jared's contractual arrangements enable him to make a proper run at the olympics.
Dont overlook Prokop either - he seems to be able to switch between winning at mtb & bmx effortlessly.

Mr Peabody

Likes Dirt
Holy farkin shit! :eek:
Thanks so much for posting that up - Notice the guy with the Camera is following Bubba though, which is to be expected. :rolleyes:
That was some super fast stuff though hey - I was expecting Graves to be in easier to spot green Yeti kit though, oh well. I wonder what the crowd was like when they heard Graves had taken it out..Same for Bubba, wonder what he and Graves said to each other after the race.
anyway - I know Graves is an amazing rider - but it doesn't stop me from being amazed everytime I watch him!
Jared was wearing a black TLD top not his yeti, the crowd was cheering for graves and bubba right to the line and then a zillion kids descended on them, really good stuff to see everyone so hyped.

Mr Peabody

Likes Dirt
I reckon that a Yeti BMX bike would be nearly the coolest thing on two wheels.
I dont actually think its a ''YETI'' some one will correct me if im wrong but he was previously riding a specialized with a white paint job and yeti stickers, dont know if he is still on the same bike ??

MrPlow

TMBC
I dont actually think its a ''YETI'' some one will correct me if im wrong but he was previously riding a specialized with a white paint job and yeti stickers, dont know if he is still on the same bike ??
It isn't a Yeti BMX, but it is the best BMX you can buy (whatever that is)...

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon that a Yeti BMX bike would be nearly the coolest thing on two wheels.
I dont know if top dog was actually saying it was a "YETI", I think he said that "a" YETI (if there was one) would be the coolest thing.

With Graves and Kintner in Austrailia right now you guys pretty much have the 2 best bmxers in the world that don't seem to give a rats ass about the olympics.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With Graves and Kintner in Austrailia right now you guys pretty much have the 2 best bmxers in the world that don't seem to give a rats ass about the olympics.
Where are you getting your info from? I know form the Graves side of things you are wrong.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
There is no doubt that Graves could be very competitive at the Olympics. I say that because I don't think anyone evr doubts Gravesy when he rides anything! Good result and thanks for the download of the video! He is very impressive to watch. Well done and good luck for this year mate!:cool:

DOM

Eats Squid
I heard Jared rides hard on a Uni cycle aswell ! amazing !

Mtbers have always been competitive with the bmxers I remember an old Story about some "Power output record" that was held at the AIS by some BMX pro .. apparently Rennie rocked up and smashed it first go haha ..

Good to see Jared sticking it to em

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
Big congratulations go out to Jared! That’s a huge accomplishment; Bubba Harris is a full-time BMXer who is very fast and very consistent.

Mr Peabody

Likes Dirt
Just a quick update on Jared Graves, he won the UCI round in Knox, Victoria on the weekend, had a couple of mates in attendance and said he was on fire !!! He is really going to have to kick twice as much ass as everyone else to get noticed though

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a quick update on Jared Graves, he won the UCI round in Knox, Victoria on the weekend, had a couple of mates in attendance and said he was on fire !!! He is really going to have to kick twice as much ass as everyone else to get noticed though
Great performances 3 weekends in a row, sounds like Jared is on a mission to be noticed.

125PHIL

Likes Dirt
yeah i was down at knox to watch the round! and yeah all 3 motos, really unchallenged for the lot, and there were some big names that turned up (madill, young, kamikaze, strom, gray). He was coping a bit of slack from his slingshot style gate starts, but hey, you cant go anywhere till the gate drops!
in the final, clipped khalen youngs wheel off the line, then led the entire thing, was a bit swirly in the back straight rythym section, madill was alot smoother, but graves took it all! fantastic to watch!

and of topic, buchannan has some good competition in the womens......ziggy callan....fast!!!!

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
. He was coping a bit of slack from his slingshot style gate starts, but hey, you cant go anywhere till the gate drops!
What I don't understand is why don't the other guys adopt his technique instead of bitching and whining about how unfair it is. If his technique is hard to adopt surely then that is because it requires a certain level of skill to master. To me BMX must include a component of skill for it to be enjoyable to watch. If gates starts started to get modified you have sanitised the race to an even playing field where the person with the biggest motor will win. Personally I say if someone finds an edge good on them.