Gravey more than just tomato sauce as special ingredient, Rude a bit rich with his explanation.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another thing I learned over the weekend, the banned substance list is a 10 page document.
I expected some enormous 300 Page manuscript that would be impossible to carry around and quickly refer to.
Since this is not the case, surely every team manager (and rider) should have this document on hand at a moments notice?

Also of note, in the 'Masking Agents' section of said document, Probenecid is the second listed.

The no phone reception excuse seems pretty half-arsed imo

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I touched on this in the other thread, and I think it's unfair to say that it was poor prescribing given that Fluclox and probenecid is acceptable practice. The decisions aren't so clean cut as people would make out; some of the O&G's do some incredible things with hormone dosing that just wouldn't occur to anyone outside that field or experience to be doing. Sometimes it just falls back to the environment the doctor is trained and what is standard practice there; go look at prescribing practices from docs that have done time with MSF vs your "always lived and worked in a major Australian population center" type.

The main thing I found odd was his commitment to making Fluclox work. He had already two days in a semi-prophylactic dosing and returned with a developing cellulitis. Wound swab for susceptibilities and switch to something else at that point would be first instinct. Not wrong, just peculiar, but I'm guessing he's had a history and context in him making those decisions, and it's not wrong, just a different way of going about it.
TL;DR
Maes on horse tranquillisers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Another thing I learned over the weekend, the banned substance list is a 10 page document.
I expected some enormous 300 Page manuscript that would be impossible to carry around and quickly refer to.
Since this is not the case, surely every team manager (and rider) should have this document on hand at a moments notice?

Also of note, in the 'Masking Agents' section of said document, Probenecid is the second listed.

The no phone reception excuse seems pretty half-arsed imo
I'd wager that list is available in a downloadable pdf that can live on any electronic device and is searchable, negating the need to remember or read every single item listed. I'd be amazed in this age of convenience and professionalism if every team doesn't have a copy saved somewhere for quick access.

Dr Trent, a practitioner from Punchy, recommends a different method for taking your medicine.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Something that may have been missed. The injury and administering of probenecid happened at a local race prior to the EWS round as I understand it. I don’t think there’s any doubt an official medico at an EWS would be all over the list of banned substances. A volunteer doc at a local race which some pros choose to enter as a warm up, not so much.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It’s all a facade. The cut was merely a scratch. Close to losing a leg and then magically smashing everyone else in the ews day’s later, pfft.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I could find the current team rumors thread, but Graves has been offloading specialized bikes and parts over the last few days on Facebook trading pages.

Posted on his IG today that he has parted ways with the Big S and no word yet on new team for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Understanding that we only know very little given what has been shared but if this was not Specialized's idea they must be less than impressed if they paid for all of 2019, he gets better and leaves them...

Hopefully this is not the case and they're all leaving on solid, amicable terms.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Understanding that we only know very little given what has been shared but if this was not Specialized's idea they must be less than impressed if they paid for all of 2019, he gets better and leaves them...

Hopefully this is not the case and they're all leaving on solid, amicable terms.
There’s some speculation of Dailly heading to specialized and not sure what Keene has been doing all last season so maybe they are just after new blood. They also lost Ropelato last year to Santa Cruz and the women’s enduro team is a no show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Grubby is back with the turquoise this year.

Stolen from Pinkbike.
Press Release: Yeti Cycles

Yeti Cycles announced today they have signed legendary rider Jared Graves. Graves raced for the Yeti program for over a decade where he won a World Championship in 4X, an Enduro World Series overall title, took a World Championship bronze in DH on a trail bike, and represented Australia in the Olympics as a BMX rider.

“The Yeti crew is like family, so it feels very comfortable to be back,” said Graves. “They’re a small company, focused on product development and committed to making bikes that help racers go faster. Yeti doesn't compromise. It’s only the best and their passion for the sport is unmatched. Those are traits we share.”

Graves’ new role will be as a Yeti ambassador. His race schedule includes select Enduro World Series events and he also has plans to compete in some unexpected races yet to be announced. “I still feel like I have some good racing left in me, and a little bit to prove. After a very difficult year-and-a-half personally, I’m looking forward to racing and working with Yeti again,” Graves said. His new role will also focus on mentoring and coaching the younger Yeti riders.

“We’re stoked to have Jared back in the family,” said Chris Conroy, president of Yeti Cycles. “In my mind, he’s one of the best bike racers of all time. His work ethic and commitment to the sport will set an example for our younger riders. We’re excited to see him riding a Yeti again.”

According to Yeti’s vice president and engineer, Steve Hoogendoorn, “Jared was an integral part of developing Yeti’s early race bikes, including the 303 DH, DJ, 4X, limited edition BMX frame, SB66, and SB6. He’ll contribute immediately to our product development process and we’re happy to have him back.”

Yeti on Facebook

Aus
ASADA verdict

Pinkbike link