Gravity riding near Ballina?

sensai_miagi

Likes Bikes
Hi all, I've just moved up to Lennox Head (far north coast NSW) and missing my gravity fix. Can anyone tell me where I can get some air (dirt jumps or BMX track if I have to), get my flow on (pump track or flowy DH) or rail some berms (aggressive xc) wihin proximity to Lennox? My first impressions are that there's not much good riding around here and I'll need to duck into south-east QLD for my fix? Haven't got the big bike out or caught some air since moving up here and really missing it. PM's might be the best way to get back to me on this if you would be so kind, I pack shovel with bike :)
Thanks, Mark

avanti04

Likes Dirt
Hey mate get on facebook and join the Northern Rivers Mountain Bikers group and all your problems will be solved.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
there is also the newly completed byron bay mtb park at a farmstay up there. It's a problem on the FNC, there is so much good terrain up there with rolling hills and deep red soil perfect for building but no-one seems to do it... i looked at a farm to buy just out of lismore (my old home town) 500 hectares with hilly open paddocks and rainforest pockets plus about 200m vertical drop. would have been perfect.

http://www.byronbayfarmstay.com.au/activities/mountainbike

sensai_miagi

Likes Bikes
Jumps then...?

Hmm. Okay, so that didn't go very well. Would anybody care to just tell me the nearest dirt jumps to Ballina? Or pump track or bmx track. Are there some up on the Gold Coast or something? Many thanks,