Great Escape Gravity Enduro

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Gravity Enduro racing is coming to Qld!!!!

November 20 2011 will see the staging of the Great Escape Gravity Enduro held at Mt Joyce Recreation Park. Gravity Enduro racing is similar to rally racing where riders compete on timed stages on a variety or terrian with untimed liason stages between competitive stages. Liason stages are generally uphill with no assistance. So this is a great chance for the weekend warrior to race their mates without the need for the lungs and legs (and epo) of the XC whippets or the full DH rig (and lack of self preservation) of the Downhill crowd.

Final details are still being sorted, and the webiste should be live within a week (waiting on some pretty graphic stuff) but we have in principal approval from the land managers and we feel that we have overcome the timing issues that were had at the Garapine event a few years ago. Based on the success of this event there are plans in the works for a full series of Gravity Enduro in 2012 that will hopefully expand outside of the South East corner.

For a bit more info about this style of racing check this slideshow on Vital. http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/2011-Sandy-Ridge-Super-D,2741/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2 Brian Lopes and the Race Organiser sum up this style of racing perfectly.

Let me know what you want from this style of racing and we will see what we can do via this thread or e-mail ian@eventmanagementsolutions.com.au

Event Management Solutions is a small Brisbane based company focused on delivering high quality, World Class events, regardless of the size or audience. We have a long history in working with world class events such as

ITU Triathlon World Championships and the Dextro Energy Triathlon World Championships Series
2010 UCI Road Cycling World Championships
Kokanee Crankworx

So get that your mates out there and see who really does have bragging rights down the pub after a ride.

retro racer

Likes Dirt
Pissed off, i was stinging for a AM race and i need shoulder surgery on wednesday and will miss it. I hope it works out well for you guys and and the peeps need to support this. Good luck.:clap2:

trailworx

Likes Bikes
Awesome to see you getting on to this Stinky, when I was building Bovine groove and Blackrock I was dreaming of AM racing on them.
This is Mountain bike racing for the masses.

Hopefully everyone will get behind Event Management Solutions and support this race, then hopefully more will follow!!

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
A few thoughts for things organisers could look at incorporating:

- multiple race classes rated on length and/or difficulty. For example; 4, 6, and 8km distances. Longer distance = more climbs = more variety in descents = more bragging rights.

- a more local pub than Boonah. Because everyone needs a post-race beer :biggrin:

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A few thoughts for things organisers could look at incorporating:

- multiple race classes rated on length and/or difficulty. For example; 4, 6, and 8km distances. Longer distance = more climbs = more variety in descents = more bragging rights.

- a more local pub than Boonah. Because everyone needs a post-race beer :biggrin:
Beaudesert is the closest pub.

With the way MT Joyce is, I wouldn't think the distance thing would work.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Beaudesert is the closest pub.

With the way MT Joyce is, I wouldn't think the distance thing would work.
Fair call Andy, I still have yet to ride out there so wasn't sure.

Would running classes similar to at other events (i.e. DH events: Elite, Sports, U19, U17, etc.) work? Something to spread numbers out.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
STinky has some sort of class system worked out, but he will have to explain it.

Stinky

Likes Dirt
STinky has some sort of class system worked out, but he will have to explain it.
In simple terms there will be 3 catergories. A, B and C grade. Riders will enter based on their skill level / confidence / fitness. Riders will start at designated intervals (still playing with what they are.)

each class will start on a desginated trail and rotate around the others so at any time there will be active stages running on all 3 trails. This means that all the racign should be wrapped up in a few hours and you have the rest of the day to ride more trails / do other things / compare times with your mates and elaborate on your whip stories.

g wayne

Cannon Fodder
just a suggestion. might want to add mt joyce to your heading or people might overlook this link as i nearly did. by the way im definatley entering this
Gravity Enduro racing is coming to Qld!!!!

November 20 2011 will see the staging of the Great Escape Gravity Enduro held at Mt Joyce Recreation Park. Gravity Enduro racing is similar to rally racing where riders compete on timed stages on a variety or terrian with untimed liason stages between competitive stages. Liason stages are generally uphill with no assistance. So this is a great chance for the weekend warrior to race their mates without the need for the lungs and legs (and epo) of the XC whippets or the full DH rig (and lack of self preservation) of the Downhill crowd.

Final details are still being sorted, and the webiste should be live within a week (waiting on some pretty graphic stuff) but we have in principal approval from the land managers and we feel that we have overcome the timing issues that were had at the Garapine event a few years ago. Based on the success of this event there are plans in the works for a full series of Gravity Enduro in 2012 that will hopefully expand outside of the South East corner.

For a bit more info about this style of racing check this slideshow on Vital. http://www.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/2011-Sandy-Ridge-Super-D,2741/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2 Brian Lopes and the Race Organiser sum up this style of racing perfectly.

Let me know what you want from this style of racing and we will see what we can do via this thread or e-mail ian@eventmanagementsolutions.com.au

Event Management Solutions is a small Brisbane based company focused on delivering high quality, World Class events, regardless of the size or audience. We have a long history in working with world class events such as

ITU Triathlon World Championships and the Dextro Energy Triathlon World Championships Series
2010 UCI Road Cycling World Championships
Kokanee Crankworx

So get that your mates out there and see who really does have bragging rights down the pub after a ride.

Checking out the first national round in Perth that weekend. So crushed.

Will make up for it with the Super D at Goatfarm WA instead.

Good work guys, thanks for getting an event like this up and running. Will be at the next for sure!

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
This sounds Ace.

Will be keen, and great to see this style of racing start to get more interest too.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For this first tester. Get a group of mates together, enter into the same grade and have your own (I am a better rider than you) race. Will be heaps fun comparing times on the tracks after the race. If this goes well, we might get a whole series next year.:clap2:

faith_rider

Likes Dirt
For this first tester. Get a group of mates together, enter into the same grade and have your own (I am a better rider than you) race. Will be heaps fun comparing times on the tracks after the race. If this goes well, we might get a whole series next year.:clap2:
A whole series would be amazing. Could imagine the format working well at places like Gap Creek (Dingo, Rocket Frog and Pipeline anyone?) and Cornubia Forest...