greenslips

Cletus

Likes Dirt
hey guys, i just got my greenslip renewal from allianz in the mail today and it came to $644:eek: WTF im 28 with a new rodeo and only 3 demerits, why the hell is it so expensive?? my missus is 22 with a new v6 commodore and on her P's and it was just over $500, i would have thought my green slip would be alot cheeper than hers?
whats your thoughts and what company does the cheepest greenslips?

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm with NRMA , BUT , I have my full comprehensive and home contents with them as well. Add to that I'm over 40 driving a stocko VT Commodore , the greenslip is around $360.:) Comparing that price over the last few years , I haven't found any other company that can beat it.

Might be worth a phone call to them ?

Cletus

Likes Dirt
$360 definatly sounds better than over $600. i'll be calling all the insurers(sp) tommorrow, i just cant belive allianz would send me a quote for over $600, who would pay that? there definatly loosing my business this year.

Plow King

Little bit.
Allianz seems to be the cheapest of the other companys in terms of green slips, No idea why its so much?

ashhash

Likes Dirt
I had exactly the same with Allianz this year.
NRMA was $250 cheaper!

I think their system must have gone bang or something, like you said who the hell would pay that much??

Mail Man

Likes Dirt
Be careful with renewells. They sometimes do not take into account the insurance discount (if you have full comprehensive it takes some off the premium) Also it does not allow for age. Call them before you make your decision.

MasterOfReality

After forever
My old man lives in Wollongong and he got the same thing with Allianz.

He ended up going somewhere else and got it a lot cheaper.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Geez mate, that is bloody ridiculous! I'm 27, drive a brand new car with a higher value than yours and my greenslip is $340! I've always been with NRMA because they've offered the best for me..........
Be a rebel, go unregistered! :rolleyes:

(That was a joke for the people who don't pick up on it).

scblack

Leucocholic
Little nephew Cletus - go onto the RTA website, and they have a comparison pricing feature, so you can check more than one or two insurance companies.

Have fun with it.

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
You pay more for a ute because its a "commercial vehicle", a complete rort i reckon! I have only ever used my ute to carry things other than pushbikes twice in two years!

If you have comprehensive insurance with a 60% NCB, NRMA will probably cost around $400. Mine is about that much. Doesn't have to be insured with NRMA to get the discount either. Need a letter from your insurer stating that you have comp. insurance & 60% NCB.

Hope this helps.

Off topic but, all you youngens just getting cars now or soon, at a minimum get third party insurance even if you are driving a shitter. This way you are covered if you wipe out someones Merc. and you will start building up a NCB.(providing you don't get into any accidents)

Cletus

Likes Dirt
thanks guys, i did check the rta site and allianz was the cheepest at $341 thats why i was going to renew with them.
anyhoo, i called them today and aparrently the greenslip i got sent to me was from CIC allianz and they regard a driver under 30 to be high risk and therfore charged me the 600 odd bucks for there greenslip. once the mistake was reallised and a phonecall to allianz (regular allianz, how confusing:rolleyes: ) was made, my green slip came down to $351. much more acceptable:D
what a difference in price though. unbeliveable