NSW GreenValleys Freeride Park - the approval process.

jordn.stp

Likes Dirt
digging the discounts!

good work man, heaps stoked to have legal trails in the area. but, is there going to be 4x or ds tracks?

tc2233

Likes Dirt
This will be great.
I would go and ride there on the weekends.
If there is going to be a Dh track how long would it be?
Can someone post a Google Earth Picture of the area.

Tim

Rue

Likes Dirt
Awesome Effort Nick!

Sounds like an awesome riding place soon to be made.
Im sure going to come and ride there :D

spoke to the strategic planners at shellharbour on friday 26th june.

I will have an answer within 3 - 4 weeks..

the various council departments are going over the proposal..

The anticipation is killing me.....

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I figure if I harass them enough they will just say YES to shut me up..
Whatever it takes! The squeaky wheel will hopefully get the grease!

...I have well over 1700 people that have signed the e-support... will get an invitation to the pre - open day for greenvalleys. FREE entry and Exclusive use of the park for FREE before the official open day...:D
Holy crap thats gonna be one busy weekend! --Crankworx Shellharbour!
Love your work Nick. Cant wait to see the finished product.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its a fine line when it comes to pushing councils. Not nough and you go to the bottom of the pile, too much and they get the shits and just so NO. :mad:

Don' t forget to have a weekend a few weeks before the weekened to get everyone there for a spit and polish.

From the amount of support you have gathered I think that there are plenty of people willing to give you a hand and make the place look and feel the way is should. :):)

hochiki

Likes Bikes
spoke to the strategic planners at shellharbour on friday 26th june.

I will have an answer within 3 - 4 weeks..

the various council departments are going over the proposal..

The anticipation is killing me.....
Hey Nick,

you're not alone, the anticipation is killing us all. I've got everything crossed that can be crossed without permanent physical damage for you (for all of us). Again, well done mate!:D

The GloryMan

Likes Bikes
This is going to be so awesome for the area mate, keen to lend a hand as well live in the area so let us know if you need a hand Go GreenValleys!!!!!!

VK2GOM

Likes Bikes
Congratulations on getting this far. I'm sure everyone hopes it'll get the green light.

Dealing with the gross ineptitude and the myriad adminstrivia that councils seems to wallow in can be daunting, but top marks in cutting through all the cr@p and standing up for yourself :)

These council bods are a strange breed - they are one person away from work, but take on an entirely different persona once they sit in their air conditioned council chamber office with an inked red rubber stamp in one hand and a certificate to show they were educated beyond their level of intelligence in the other LOL

Cheers - Rob

points raised by council are now being addressed.
pretty straightforward really..

just some more money spent on creating a proper campng map defining area and amenities ,

and another map addressing carpark spaces , turning circle , and pick up , drop off points...

council are obviously covering their bases with finer points of question....

im off to california and mexico next week for a month , going to visit northstar mtb park for 3 days while im over there:)

fingers crossed... i'll post in september

nick

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Looks like a lot of work there from the council's request. Hope you have the resources (energy and $) to meet the demands. Good luck.:)

Hi guys,

I'm back from overseas.. Northstar Mtb was cool. Different to whistler ( not as big) but still a great experience. I fractured my elbow, and got six stitches just under my eye from a nice fall.. Great stuff... I smashed a rock and my googles cut my face.... Thanks full face helmet..

As for Greenvalleys - while i was away the shellharbour strategic planners received the answers to some more questions relating to the logistics of the park...

I sopke to them yesterday - and its more waiting time.. They wil be reviewing the information , then presenting it to council for approval ( or not ) in the next couple of months..

The explanation for the slooowww time in presenting it to council, is that the rezoning of the park is part of a bigger picture of rezoning of land for the shellharbour region for 2010...

All the rezoning applications will be dealt as a bundle by the NSW department of planning.

If someone has a gun - i'll use it....

I can only sit back and wait for the strategic planners to present it to council...

In the mean time - i'm going to get a team together to work on turning First Blood ( the freeride line ) into one sick beast...

I've had a lot of pm's and those interested will be contacted...
At least you'll get to check out the site.

here are the answers to shellharbours requests.
View attachment Supplementary information requested by Council (3 September 09).pdf

Keep riding

Nick

hsv

Squid
Lets hope all goes well. I can't wait for it to open (knocking on wood)
I know you probably have more than enough help by now but if you need more PM me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone, and it will be great for the area.

Keep up the good work.