NSW GreenValleys Freeride Park - the approval process.

Just an Update - successful meeting with shellharbour council last night. The LEP is being finalised to be sent to department of state planning.. I have 2 options available.

First is the more permanant solution of a schedule 1 clause under the current zoning to permit the activity of mountain biking.

Second is the option to conduct activities under a temporary clause for up to 52 days a year to which council will review the activities and then offer a more permanant schedule 1 clause..

I am pushing for option 1 but will most likely get option 2. Council staff struggle with the concept of a MTB park and what it means..

Either way , any major event cannot happen till the LEP is approved by the department of state planning..

So it's a little longer....

Invitationals to ride will start happening sept / oct.. so tune in to the trail log for updates. The slopestyle course is coming along ... and a build and ride day is coming up for all those who want a sample of what will be Australias first private freeride park with all the big (and small) hits..

Nick

morticus

Likes Dirt
Yeah put me down too. I am more than happy to come down for a couple of days on the shovel. All i need is somewhere to light a fire so i dont get cold at night.

Macca333

Likes Dirt
Hey Mate how is it all going? i drive to KV from albion Park regualrly for work and get teased by the lines from the side of the road... let me know if you need any help or support

Build and ride day this weekend 11th august

For those that are keen , its on this satruday , little bit of work in the morning , touch up some landers, fix up some run ins then its on..

skill level is intermediate and up , there is a b line but beginners will have to step up - the dirt is soft so you won't break bones, just pride..

you can also watch shorty gyleat snap out a double backflip on the slopestyle line - pretty impressive :eyebrows:

hit the facebook page and pm through that if your coming. bring some water and shovels if you have one..

nick

bigred2284

Likes Bikes
hows it going?

how many tracks are open to public? and are there any build days that you need people for?

Last edited:
Final Update

Its been a long time since ive been on this site..

Greenvalleys Mountain Bike Park is approved , legal and opens to the public in december 2015..

Its been a battle, financially and emotionally..

I am thankfull to everyone who has helped, those still with me and those who are not..

I have an awesome crew, and Greenvalleys will become the boutique MTB park of Australia..

I'll see you all soon shredding at GV

Nick

Gravity Addict

Likes Dirt
So are the trails open for shuttle days and camping anything similar like that?
would be interested in coming up for a ride from vic in the summer?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Its been a long time since ive been on this site..

Greenvalleys Mountain Bike Park is approved , legal and opens to the public in december 2015..

Its been a battle, financially and emotionally..

I am thankfull to everyone who has helped, those still with me and those who are not..

I have an awesome crew, and Greenvalleys will become the boutique MTB park of Australia..

I'll see you all soon shredding at GV

Nick
Well done .