Greenvalleys Freeride Park

bhooper

Barfarker
Sweet. So when will we be able to ride it? And how much will it be? And how do we get to the top of the hill? Haha, questions
Thanks,
-Ben

Sweet. So when will we be able to ride it? And how much will it be? And how do we get to the top of the hill? Haha, questions
Thanks,
-Ben
not long to go before the council meeting for approval. it will only be open once a month to start with. cost will depend on what area(s) you want access to.The slopestyle area will open up first, the downhill line will take time to construct properly, and the DJ area will also take some time. There is a public road access following the downhill line, so thats sweet.

on facebook, i'll post up the next open day for the park, which will most likely be the weekend of feb 20th, 21st. I will be building the start box and first jump for the slopestyle area.

You can do your own shuttles if you want to ride the freeride line " first blood".

nick.

Newton

Likes Dirt
What about cutting in a 6km XC loop, then you'll have most people covered ... we need a xc course in the southern Illawarra area. How much of what's seen in the photo is available for bikes?

an xc loop is planned , but it will take some time to cut in. I had just planned for the downhill and slopestyle first.

I have some idea for an xc loop , but i need some help with it..

dcrofty

Eats Squid
You gonna have build days?

I'd love to come and help out and I'd like to think I have something to offer you.

Newton

Likes Dirt
I'm in for track building, post it up in the XC forum when your ready, I get a couple of mates to come along ... :D

Bacca

Likes Dirt
I was wondering if you were going to put up a teaser picture of the terrain you've got to work with Nick. The picture doesn't do the hill much justice though, the mountain behind the park is 711m.

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Id love to come and help too, this would be amazing if everythig can be really high quality.

I was wondering if you were going to put up a teaser picture of the terrain you've got to work with Nick. The picture doesn't do the hill much justice though, the mountain behind the park is 711m.
this is a photo of the slopestyle paddock, i took this last week, i'll work on getting some better photos which outline the terrain a bit better

sullivanvizual

Likes Dirt
a real MTB park stoked:)

Hey mate,
Really looks like an awesome location there ! Australia really needs this kind of park so bad !The talent in this country is rite up there but there are no REAL mtb parks to shred :) Hopefully I will get down there when it is built to film for my new web site called CUT DOWN TV .This site will include all action sports ,art,music, blogs,photography etc. stay tuned:)

Cheers Christian

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
I think thatif you want to get a substantial amount of building, hiring out a bob-cat or excavator is the way to go. A slopestyle course needs jumps similiar to a MX track, and too build jumps rather large for mountain biking, it just makes sense to use some heavy machinery.

Other then that, I would love to come out for the next build day and work on the DH track, I have added you guys on Facebook, so hopefuly you will update it when appropriate.

I think thatif you want to get a substantial amount of building, hiring out a bob-cat or excavator is the way to go. A slopestyle course needs jumps similiar to a MX track, and too build jumps rather large for mountain biking, it just makes sense to use some heavy machinery.

Other then that, I would love to come out for the next build day and work on the DH track, I have added you guys on Facebook, so hopefuly you will update it when appropriate.
Yes i have a bobcat, D9 bulldozer, and front end loader, plus a water truck.. Heavy machinery is not a problem.

Its good to have hands though for jump sculpting, and building structures..

I'll post on facebook shortly..