Greg Minnaar to Ride the Gamut in 2008

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs

2003 World Champion Greg Minnaar has teamed up with Gamut USA for the 2008 season. After his successful shoulder surgery last October, the South African rider is well prepared to write the next chapter in his already illustrious career during this year's campaign. Gamut is very pleased to have added Greg to its select team of riders, and looks forward to watching Greg race all over the globe this coming year.

"We are thrilled to have someone of Greg's caliber represent our brand,” said Mateo Graziosi, Gamut co-founder. “We have long admired Greg's riding abilities, as well as his professionalism, character and dedication to the sport and his fans."

Greg will be running Gamut guides on his new Santa Cruz V10 while on the UCI World Cup tour, as well as other major events throughout the world.
"I'm really excited to be working with Gamut,” says Greg. “After riding a gearbox bike for the past 4 years, I needed to really study my options when selecting a chain guide for my V10, as the technology in this area has really moved on. I'm impressed both by the quality of Gamut’s products and the level of support and enthusiasm coming from the company as we head into a new season and a new chapter in my career.”

Greg is the latest addition to Gamut's growing team of world class riders. Gamut is proud to support the riding pursuits of mountain biking's top talent throughout the world.

For all your Gamut USA needs in Australia, just check out www.xxiv.com.au

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Nice insinuation, but its a perfect choice for any racer. As reliable as anything else out there, yet lighter.

Cheers,

Ken
I'm not implying that it's a bad decision or anything.
I think it will be a great oppurtunity for you guys at Gamut and for Minaar alike. ;)

Mo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gearbox - chain guide.....hummm
!intellectual property!
interesting none the less

nicho

Sacré bleu!
bash guards are meant to be bashed you know!
they are supposed to act as fuses for your iscg tabs alongs with your cranks and chainrings. I'd rather have a shattered bashy than a smashed set of cranks

Nicho

Bomb446

Likes Dirt
bash guards are meant to be bashed you know!
they are supposed to act as fuses for your iscg tabs alongs with your cranks and chainrings. I'd rather have a shattered bashy than a smashed set of cranks

Nicho
So your saying that a bashy like e13 which is built like a tank is actually more prone to damaging cranks/rings because of how strong it is?

EDIT: Just re-read what i wrote and it does sound stupid :eek:, what i meant is pretty much what iudex says below, that e13 bashy's are pointlessly strong and again what iudex said could damage your cranks/iscg tabs. (Im not trying to question the strength of a Gamut)

Last edited:

Pixsoul

Regulating n00bs
Gamut Bashies are plenty strong enough, this is Drew powers mashing his onto some coping. The guide and cranks were perfectly fine...he dislocated his shoulder though!: http://www.alloutprodux.com/drewgoesdown.mov

They are made out of polycarbonate, similar to a number of competitors. They are very strong and take a lot of force to crack or bend. They are designed to take a limited amount of force though. If the force gets to such an extent, something is going to break. Thus it is far better to have the cheapest component (a bashring) be the weakest link, rather than say your cranks, bottom bracket or even frame (iscg tab mounted bashies etc). Those components are all much much more expensive to replace. This is why the product is designed that way.

The same design principle is used in many products, it is basically sacrificial protection. One component is "sacrificed" to save another more vital component, like a derrailleur hanger. Cars are a great example, hell even your own body. Collar bones and ribs serve this very purpose.

That being said, the Gamut bashies are designed to cope with anything a downhill track can throw, spit up and churn out to them. I have yet to hear or see a case of a Gamut bashie failing in a circumstance which did not feature a crash, faulty installation or repeated abuse.

To be quite honest, over 70% of the Bashies I see that have "failed" are due to a result of the mechanic or user over-torqueing the chainring bolts. Which puts that area of the device under extreme stress. But none of them have minded as we have a very lenient warranty policy and the ones which we deem not to be warranty are offered crash replacement....the damage item replaced with a brand new on at 50% of RRP, solid product support and backup.

End of the day, they are solid and reliable products that are backed up by both ourselves and Gamut USA.

Cheers,

Ken

Last edited:

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
what are you guys talking about? sounds like a bunch of 13 yo kids trying to sound like they know something.

The Gamut bashguards work just fine. They are designed to protect your components, and they do it good.

Don't get me wrong, I love my e.13 bashies, but they are so solid that I've bent cranks after smashing them.

The idea of the bashguard is to deform... they absorb the energy of the impact by deforming or, if need be, breaking.