Grip VS FIT4

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Anyone gone from Grip to FIT4? Was there an improvement in sensitivity and feel? I'm thinking of going from 2019 Grip to 2020 FIT4

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
stay with grip, didn’t realise when i bought a 34 rhythm with grip, even though i got it cheap it was plush & smooth -

DMan

stay with grip, didn’t realise when i bought a 34 rhythm with grip, even though i got it cheap it was plush & smooth -
It is good. Otherwise I'll go another Vorsprung to get a bit better sensitivity

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
FIT4 is worse in my opinion. My 34 Rhythm was/is much better than both the FIT4 34's I've had.

Grip was more supple, and better in big(ger) successive hits. The FIT4 forks always felt like they were harsher over successive or bigger impacts, like they had a heaps of HSC damping set in their stock tune.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Don't do it. Grip is definitely better.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

DMan

Sounds like a consensus to me. I'll pop in a vorsprung then

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Grip is far nicer than FIT4. I have had several FIT4 forks and even the kids 34 Rhythms felt nicer.

I did the push spring conversion on my 36 factory and it still feels over damped, would like to change out the damper to Grip2 but really don't want to drop $400 on a damper after the $700 spring conversion... might as well have sold as it was and bought a new Grip2 fork.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
FIT4 with Vorsprung tuning is the way to go imo. Yeah it's more money and you lose the lockout but I thought it provided a more supple, controlled response over the Grip. I've not ridden a standard FIT4 damper btw.

DMan

FIT4 with Vorsprung tuning is the way to go imo. Yeah it's more money and you lose the lockout but I thought it provided a more supple, controlled response over the Grip. I've not ridden a standard FIT4 damper btw.
Why do you lose the lockout? Because of FIT4 or Vorsprung?