Gripsport Crank Holder Car Rack Modifications

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Has anyone modded one of the gripsport crank holder racks to make the tyre trays longer?

I have one, but need to extend the tyre trays a bit so that my bikes (Canyon Sender and Strive) fit in it properly.

I have some rough ideas on how too do it, but just wanted to see if someone else has already done it and what they did.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Havent modified one but if i was going to id just fold up some sheet the same thickness as the existing v the joins out and weld them together. Maybe weld some gussets in to reinforce the new section. (How much wider are you looking to make the rack?)

Travis

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Was thinking along those lines, but was wanting to do it myself if possible, and don't have a welder. Would obviously look better than the other option i was thinking (using rhs as a frame underneath and bolting some flat plate onto that).

I only need to extend the front end of each on by about 10cm or so. They are fine for length in the rear (damn modern geometry bikes).

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was thinking along those lines, but was wanting to do it myself if possible, and don't have a welder. Would obviously look better than the other option i was thinking (using rhs as a frame underneath and bolting some flat plate onto that).

I only need to extend the front end of each on by about 10cm or so. They are fine for length in the rear (damn modern geometry bikes).
You could potentially find some rhs that sleeves the existing mount and cut it in half, then two bolts to fix it...

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Find some aluminium c channel the right size, hack off the existing and bolt on replacement. - Weight weenie edition.