Gripsport Dual Bike Carrier Review

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just wondering if i could fit my downhill sled and a xc bike on the 2 x downhill carrier?
I own one and you definately can, don't know about any 'guard' as its the non-drive side that goes in the slot. Just be wary of what cranks you have (particularly on your DH bike) and know if you have to get oversize adapters or not. Saints, Diabolus and similarly large cranks won't fit in the slots.

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
They fit Grips racks perfectly, but Saints not so much. You can either get an adapter or if you like you can bend the mounts slightly to get the new version of Saints to fit.

I carry my DH and XC bike on the grip rack all the time, I really recommend these racks. I've had mine for 5 years and its still going great guns.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just wondering if i could fit my downhill sled and a xc bike on the 2 x downhill carrier?
i carry both on mine, depends on BB height. I cut about an inch off the top of the crank holder so my rear wheel touches the carrier properly and doesnt hang in the air.

what jase says is right about the cranks that fit - ive just bent mine out after giving up on the adapter moving all the time - ive got two for sale if you like. I run new saints. The cranks go in alright but it scratches the hell out of them.

I also have glued my bike rack rego plate for NSW onto it.

FYI mine are also about four years old.