Gt fury from cyclingdeals, info please

safreek

Hi guys, just ordered the frame and wheels from cyclingdeals and can't find much info on their site. First up what year are these frames 2013 ?
I know it takes 150x12 wheel, has a 1.5 headtube and takes a 240 (9.5) shock.

Any idea about bb width, seatpost diameter, possibly any other size things I may have missed.

Although I need a 240 shock is there any other measurements that I need to worry about, I also presume that I need to get specific mounting gear for different brand shocks, yeah.

With this being a 220mm travel bike I would presume putting on the totem with 180 travel would be a bit silly, or not.

If you can think of anything else I may have missed please let me know.
Thanks for any help

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If only they had or made an xl

Some specs here

I have some Elixer 3 brakes of you want to go with this build :)

Not sure about the fork travel but I have seen on the forums some one try and turn one of these into a more enduro pedal bike.

Go coil for the shock, forks and seat post!

safreek

If only they had or made an xl

Some specs here

I have some Elixer 3 brakes of you want to go with this build :)

Not sure about the fork travel but I have seen on the forums some one try and turn one of these into a more enduro pedal bike.

Go coil for the shock, forks and seat post!
Hey bro, I had some elixirs once and didn't really like them, had to keep letting a little fluid out through the ride to stop it locking the front wheel, thanks though.
Definitely coil rear, let's see what sort of fork I can track down, I do like coily suspension though

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey bro, I had some elixirs once and didn't really like them, had to keep letting a little fluid out through the ride to stop it locking the front wheel, thanks though.
Definitely coil rear, let's see what sort of fork I can track down, I do like coily suspension though
Ha ha I was only joking as I can’t even give them away! Even the bin does not want them :)

This will be an awesome bike. I miss my force from this era.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've ran RS Totems, Marzocchi 66s, and fox 180mm forks on a range of dh frames over the years. It will make the head angle a little steeper than if you had 200mm dual crown forks on there, but it will still be fun to ride and look cool.

From memory the totems you have are a straight 1.5 in steerer? So you'll have a external bottom cup which will raise up the front end a little and slacken off the head angle. Hopefully you have enough length with the external cups.

You can also get an angle set for the front and offset bushings for the shock.

Bottom bracket will almost certainly be 83mm. I'd say a fair guess the swat post will be 30.9mm or 31.6mm.

I've got a barely used fox coil (9,5x3) that will suit the frame sitting in the shed.

safreek

I've ran RS Totems, Marzocchi 66s, and fox 180mm forks on a range of dh frames over the years. It will make the head angle a little steeper than if you had 200mm dual crown forks on there, but it will still be fun to ride and look cool.

From memory the totems you have are a straight 1.5 in steerer? So you'll have a external bottom cup which will raise up the front end a little and slacken off the head angle. Hopefully you have enough length with the external cups.

You can also get an angle set for the front and offset bushings for the shock.

Bottom bracket will almost certainly be 83mm. I'd say a fair guess the swat post will be 30.9mm or 31.6mm.

I've got a barely used fox coil (9,5x3) that will suit the frame sitting in the shed.
May give the totems a go, unfortunately the headset they give you is for tapered so will need to find a top part of 1.5 persuasion.
As with the shock I am not after top quality stuff as it is wasted on me, I think the only change of setting I have done on a rear shock is a bit more or less air and a couple of twirls of the spring

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've probably got a 1.5 inch top cap as well.

Strange that they give you a tapered headset with the frame. Not many dual crown forks rocking a tapered steerer.

safreek

I've probably got a 1.5 inch top cap as well.

Strange that they give you a tapered headset with the frame. Not many dual crown forks rocking a tapered steerer.
Maybe I have misread it, thought it was strange for dh myself.
Will pull the headset from the yeti if worse comes to worse