Gt fury from cyclingdeals, info please

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe I have misread it, thought it was strange for dh myself.
Will pull the headset from the yeti if worse comes to worse
I read the info on their site same as you. It's just an unusual inclusion as it doesn't really match the forks likely to be used.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I read the info on their site same as you. It's just an unusual inclusion as it doesn't really match the forks likely to be used.
I read this to mean that it comes with a tapered headset but with two crown races (1.5 and a 1 1/8 reducer). Still doesn’t help with the 1.5 straight through though!

Headset and Adapters Included. Fits 1-1/8" straight and 1-1/8" - 1-1/2" steerer forks

safreek

Hey guys, I have got this shock for the bike, just wondering if all fox fittings are the same size or if I need hardware specific for the bike.
Also, don't suppose that any of you have heard of any shops selling old,new downhill forks, not the zoom or dnm though.
Came across a place called topbikes.com in Indonesia, guess they are too good to be true, reviews.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
All I can say is that I hope it comes all put together, spring attached.
I'm going to hazard a guess and say that shock needs a service. Get a split collar for holding the spring while you're at it. You will also need a suitable spring (duh!) and shock hardware. Use vernier calipers to measure the size of the shock bolts (usually 8 or 6mm) and the internal width of the top and bottom shock mount. See this video

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I just went through all this with the GT I bought from cyclingdeal for Mrs Tubbsy.

I measured the relevant bits with callipers, emailed Cyclinic and they sent me what I needed. Different frame from yours though, so I don't think the bits will be the same. Numbers look slightly oddball from not having the callipers 100% straight, but there aren't that many variations, just round up or down to the nearest standard.

I used a new shock though, @safreek's looks like the DU bushings might be worse for wear/missing?

You might need the tool to push them out/in - I'd stump up for the service as @Oddjob says (have to send you a message actually OJ), get it all sorted in one go.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
DU definitely missing from one end. Have to either press one in (I’d do both) or use the mounting hardware that don’t require a DU.

safreek

DU definitely missing from one end. Have to either press one in (I’d do both) or use the mounting hardware that don’t require a DU.
Is this the 5 part kit I have seen. I checked the tftuned site you showed me but only offered me some old gt to choose from.

safreek

So, once it has the bushings or nonbush kit all I need is that metal sleevy bit that the bolts go through.
So should I just measure the distance between the two bolt holes and get the sleeve thing at the same length.
Pardon my ignorance as I have never started from scratch with a shock or frame