GT FURY rear shock choice and opinion comparing to other DH bikes

DirtyDingo

Banned
Hi RB'ers!

As you guys know/see I'm selling my GT fury frame atm.
Not getting enough interest so thinking keeping it and rebuilding that fucker!

I've sold my Fox DHX RC4 kashima with titanium spring (9.5x3.25)

If I don't sell it this year than I'm going to chase parts and build it as good as I can afford.
Still not sure what rear shock would be a good choice, I'm thinking of CCDB air 9.5
don't want to buy a rc4, I had it on my last intense 951 and this GT fury frame.
Just wanna try something different.

The frame is bit heavy for a Carbon, I think they've overbuilt it to make it Bombproof,
surely it wouldn't crack, it's very thick. I like the Head tube, it's really thick, all the areas
look pretty solid, it rides really well, descents like it should. Only thing that bothers me is its
weight but most of DH bike are over 18kg's

Did anyone of you guys had that bike before and is it good to hang on to it?
Or should I get in future a V10 or something different? If so why?

And please guys, don't tell me that you would never buy a carbon DH bike because you
believe it could crack because its not as solid as a alloy, that's bullshit. I really believe
that the GT Fury is a great bike, just like to hear few opinions and feedback about it.
The V10 is great I've seen builds below 16kg's that's fuckin awesome for a DH bike.

Any ideas what's the best choice of shock?

Cheers guys
Dragan

DirtyDingo

Banned
Cheers Heavyp,

Wow those Bos are more expensive than I thought!
Are they good comparing to rc4 and ccdb?
I see their forks are highly priced as well, they must be amazing, but are they really worth??

The DVO must be new or something, never seen it before, afraid to ask how much.
Comparing to those prices it's better getting a air shock like ccdb air they around $700 new
on eBay, might be lucky to get it around $400-500 second hand.

There are so many shocks to choose but I'd like to hear comments bout air shocks on DH bikes. I'm a heavy rider btw, 105kg and 6ft5, I usually have a 600spring on my coil shocks.

What are you guys thinking bout the OHLINS shock which is on the new specialized
Demos, they say its a very easy adjustment, they do also moto shocks

Last edited:

my02

Likes Dirt
I can't comment about air shocks on a DH bike but I have a CCDBA on my trail bike. I'm also a big lump (6'4 / 120kg) and so far Ive been very happy with the CC on my Mojo HD.

If you have the option to trial one (maybe NS Dynamics could help) I'd recommend it. I currently run a perfectly good RC4 on my V10 so I'm in no hurry to swap but if I had to go for another, I'd certainly consider the CCDBA for my DH bike.

DirtyDingo

Banned
I like to run a ccdb air on my mojo hdr as well. I read lots of good FB bout it.
Thinking doing the same thing on a DH bike.

I also really like the V10, that would be awesome because it could be built up sub 16kg's
Not sure if I should keep my GT Fury or sell it. Don't get enough feedback bout it.
It's a great bike but I'd like to have a V10 carbon, if I keep my fury than I might get it built
up with quality parts.

Last edited:

DirtyDingo

Banned
I like the RC4 kashima, it's better than the normal rc4, feels smoother
and drops bit of weight with the titanium spring.

Just don't want to buy the same shock I already had

jmeers

Likes Dirt
I like to run a ccdb air on my mojo hdr as well. I read lots of good FB bout it.
Thinking doing the same thing on a DH bike.

I also really like the V10, that would be awesome because it could be built up sub 16kg's
Not sure if I should keep my GT Fury or sell it. Don't get enough feedback bout it.
It's a great bike but I'd like to have a V10 carbon, if I keep my fury than I might get it built
up with quality parts.
Ive got the carbon v10 with the dbair in at under 15kgs
with some new ht pedals & fox 40float will be around 14kgs
You know how they feel since you have one mojo

Get youself a v10, speak to neezy about upgrading the rear shock to a db air ....cost about $200 extra worth every penny

DirtyDingo

Banned
Thx Jmeers,

V10 just over 14kg's is sick, I'd like to have that.
Yeah I think 40's float and ccdb air with sm enve wheel set and other carbon bits'n pieces
and that thing rocks.

And on other side have the mojo for trail/enduro/DH riding
Like my02, I like ur choice of bikes bro (V10 and ibis mojo), just perfect!

Just a waste to sell the fury, I like the chunky frame with the agressive look.
With some Dorados and air shock and complete saints drivetrain and carbon
rims with chris king.. Oooh yeah!!
It's still a good bike but if I compare it to a V10 than I rather have the V10
because of its weight. But the Fury looks much stronger and unbreakable.
Another thing why I like the V10 is they do XL frames where everyone else
goes to max L sizes.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well... I bought this; his Fury frame.

I have a BOS rear shock and BOS idylle's for the front which will be going on it.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well... I bought this; his Fury frame.

I have a BOS rear shock and BOS idylle's for the front which will be going on it.
That was a freakin steel ! . I cant belive it went for so cheap and was for sale so long . If you are worried about weight i thing the frame would look great stripped of pant and clear coated the carbon .