Guides yay or nay

What do you use on a trail bike?

• Total voters

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Yes! Thanks. But close to the $12 mark would he awesome. These things have to be some of the most over priced parts on a bike.
I bought one of those for the Sunday (with bash guard). Contacted the seller and got it for $48 from memory.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks BK. Given the price of them ~$50 is not a bad price. They look very similar to the black spire one I have which works very well.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just fitted three top guides to our fleet of bikes....$12 each off ebay.

Good looking guides that are IDENTICAL to the OneUp ones, but are less than 1/10th the price!
I just picked one of these yum cha ones too. Did they come with isg bolts?

Shredden

Knows his goats
I definitely think a bash guard is valuable, I've taken a fairly gentle hit on a normal chainring that folded it, and I've 50/50 cased a big sender directly onto the E13 taco thing and the chainring was unhurt.

Also - has straitline discontinued the Silent Guide? Can't see it on their website. I liked mine :/

mallion

Squid
With clutched rear derailleurs I rarely drop chains on full suspensions bikes, but on my xc hardtail the chain dropped all the time. So ended up with a guide on the xc bike.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
actually at cross on sunday girl's chain came off, she had a shiny metal chain guide which wasn't set properly to stop it falling off to the inside ring -there was too big a gap & it fell off then got caught between the chainguide & a chain ring bolt..took me 2mins to prize the F^&&%'r out of there

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Bash guard on the Trance... Lower BB than the anthem and i tried to taco a brand new Eagle chainring on a rock ledge I usually cleared... Put a Blackspire on which seemed suitably bashy like.

A few years on 11 and 12 speed SRAM systems and never dropped a chain - the Trance came with a guide in the box but never bothered to fit it.

moorey

call me Mia
With clutched rear derailleurs I rarely drop chains on full suspensions bikes, but on my xc hardtail the chain dropped all the time. So ended up with a guide on the xc bike.
Rarely, is fine. But it’s the rare occasions, and the unfortunate times that they happen, which finally convinced me to go back to a guide.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
I don’t recall a bash ring on any of your bikes....
Your head likes rocks...
Guard not ring you dunce.

Both of them run them. I have a tendency to use them too.

And it's my wrist that likes rocks.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
If you ride hard or rough terrain I'd definitely run one.
Nothing will make you swear louder than when you put the power down and scorpion face grind due to a dropped chain.
The majority of uci dh and Ews riders are still running guides despite the claims of no dropped chain due to narrow wide wizardness.