Guys and Girls on F/R Bikes in Daisy

Vinelink

Likes Dirt
Hi,

Last Monday, myself and a few mates and our sons went for a bash into Daisy Hill for a ride, after 18kms odd, and on the way out, we came across a group of say approx 15+ riders, and it was approx 50% guys and 50% girls, are you all in a F/R club, or just mates all riding together?

This group all had great bikes, fitted out well, and looked like a great group.

Lets us know if anyone knows this group for a hookup to make it bigger and better.

We are off in Daisy Sunday morning @ 6.30am Ford and Avalon Rd entry.

Viv92

Eats Squid
It's not that weird, they were probably just a group of downhillers. I've seen about 4 people on DH bikes at Gap Creek last week.

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Hey mate tell me what age group you reckon they all were, cause iam a group like that & yeah we were out then.
There would have been Nomads, Banshee, Giant's, Ghost's & Ellsworth.

Last edited:

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Yeah, Smoked Ham, it could have been us.

I don't think our group is 50% girls though, unless you'd mistaken a couple of the guys riding Giant Reigns for girls :D

I'm going to get so flamed!! ha ha ha

beaty

Likes Dirt
haha wow..I have to admit i have never seen that many riders before and i ride there almost every sunday. Honestly i thought my 2 mates and myself where the only downhill riders there (norco atomik and orange 222.)

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Were not all what i would call Down Hillers, most of our group are just riding long travel all mountain bikes, ie the amount of Giants in the group, but my Nomad and my mates Banshee are F/R all mountain DH what ever you want to call them or how ever you want to ride them :D bikes for sure. I have my
V10 at home but F"#k riding that around daisy, i only point that bitch down, down, down :D

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Smoked Ham and I ride with a big bunch of friends that has kind of grown over the years. We called ourselves the "Blue Moon Mountainbikers" a while back, as we do an "away trip" each quarter. Our next one is to Mt Buller at the end of this month.

You can find our group on facebook and you're most welcome to join up. We ride Daisy at least once a month, as we rotate our weekend trail riding amongst the forests of: Gap Creek, Daisy Hill, Karawatha, Bunya, Nerang and Tewantin.

There are also a few of us that do urban/street and dirt jumping at least once a week too. Not too mention the downhill stuff Smoked Ham and I are trying to fit in!!

Cheers.

beaty

Likes Dirt
I agree Smokedham. I ride my orange 222 at daisy hill and its really not worth it. Considering i have built it up strictly for downhill, it does alright at daisy hill.
Sounds pretty good guys. Wouldnt mind tagging along next time your at daisyhill. Where about in nerang do you ride? Iv been ridding the downhill track there for the past 2 weekends and its great fun. Plus i ride bmx. So sounds like i would fit in with this group of yours lol.

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Hey Beaty, were riding at Bunya (Jinker track) on sunday morning 6:45am if your interested, i ride the black Nomad.
Cheers.

beaty

Likes Dirt
im interested but unfortunately i have work on my car that is needed to be done asap :(. Hopefully next ride i can make though.

Vinelink

Likes Dirt
Hi Smoked Ham and Cooch,

Thanks for the reply, can never be sure if people you see riding happen to be on FARKIN, anyhow, great, I reckon you are between late 20's to late 30's.

We have a small group, mainly 4 guys on Norco, Ironhorse, Santa Cruz and so on, and Giant M150 for the kids, and our age is low 40's we ride one weekend without our sons and then a weekend with our sons for riding.

Mainly in Daisy, but we also go to Mt Cootha and Nerang.

Can you PM your email address for a hook up or send thru a diary on your selected dates and places, that is if we could hook up.

We are just keen to learn more off better riders and have fun. Great to see the girls geared up as well, I would love to get my wife out there one day.

Mine is vinelink@bigpond.com

Cooch

Likes Dirt
Hi Smoked Ham and Cooch,

Thanks for the reply, can never be sure if people you see riding happen to be on FARKIN, anyhow, great, I reckon you are between late 20's to late 30's.

We have a small group, mainly 4 guys on Norco, Ironhorse, Santa Cruz and so on, and Giant M150 for the kids, and our age is low 40's we ride one weekend without our sons and then a weekend with our sons for riding.

Can you PM your email address for a hook up or send thru a diary on your selected dates and places, that is if we could hook up.

We are just keen to learn more off better riders and have fun. Great to see the girls geared up as well, I would love to get my wife out there one day.

Yeah our group's between 25 and 45, with a couple of older guys as well - with also a good mix of guys and girls. Sometimes various kids join us on rides as well. You're most welcome to join our group - check out the following:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5444591028

We basically 'post' our weekend ride info each week on this facebook group - via invitation to members - so join up! Check us out - as there are heaps of pics, vids and stories on the site - which gives you an idea of what we do.

You sound like you'd fit in perfectly, as we're quite a bit of a mixed bunch in age, ability and styles of riding - the funny thing is we all get on really well as the passion is just to go riding wherever or whatever it is.

If you can't get us on facebook, you're most welcome to email me each week on db_in_rak@hotmail.com (say about Thurs or Fri) for weekend ride info.

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Hi Smoked Ham and Cooch,

Yee Haa, the Group is gaining momentum would be awesome to see every member of the group out one day :D

Hope to see you Guys join us, Cheers

Pitto

Likes Dirt
Nice Facebook Group, lads

Had a look over there yesterday, some great pics of what looks to be some epic rides thru SE QLD.

G

Gaz85

Likes Dirt
haha wow..I have to admit i have never seen that many riders before and i ride there almost every sunday. Honestly i thought my 2 mates and myself where the only downhill riders there (norco atomik and orange 222.)
haha no way, i sometimes take my v10 for a ride through there, and i sometimes see other people out there on DH bikes...not often tho.

Cooch

Likes Dirt
This Sunday we're hitting Daisy

Hi Smoked Ham and Cooch,

Thanks for the reply, ...
Hey Vinelink and et. al.

We're riding Daisy this Sunday morning. Meeting at the top dirt carpark off Daisy Hill Rd. at 6.45am for a 7am start. We'll probably do a 20km+ circuit at "freeride" pace :D That is, ride the single tracks as hard and fast as you want and then regroup for a chat at the end of the trails. Cruise to the next singletrack. We also usually stop here and there to session some of the bridges, drops, jumps etc.

Of course, you're all more than welcome to join us!!

Cheers all.

Last edited:

thompo

Likes Dirt
alot of people on a south eastern queensland mtb forum organise large group rides at daisy hill, when i went there once i saw a large group of xc'ers and i overheard them asking who they were off the site.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys im 17 and ride a 2008 norco rampage, mind if i tag along sunday, sounds like a good group to ride with.