GX Eagle - shitty shifting solved!!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I'd probably just buy it from mtbd to be honest. After the change rate and GST the difference is like $2
Nah it was more like $20. I’m not really in a hurry either, it works nicely with the sliver of plastic jammed in and it’s too bloody cold for much riding anyway!

teK--

Eats Squid
Nah it was more like $20. I’m not really in a hurry either, it works nicely with the sliver of plastic jammed in and it’s too bloody cold for much riding anyway!
It was $39.something on eBay and $41.95 on mtbd?? I'll prob order one once I can think of other stuff to get free shipping.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Yeah what’s going on @Haakon, it’s getting to the point that I’m going to butcher my GX and X01 mechs to try for myself. But I’m afraid I’ll end up in the FW thread with no bikes to ride...

Haakon

Yeah sorry guys, got the flu and it’s been dragging on like a motherfucker... It has arrived and I’ve fitted it. Seems like a winner from a backyard test, but yet to actually ride it - I might do that this weekend....

Although it’s not great riding weather and tomorrow looking worse...

Last edited:

Haakon

I did take some photos though. The X01 doesn’t have a soft plastic bush like I expected, it’s a hard almost alloy like bush and it’s not a perfect fit. So there are now two points of play and it does have some - but not nearly as much as th me worn GX item.

I took off the bush and liberally used heavy bearing grease. Managed to mangle on of O rings too dammit...

Ran my hanger tool over it too and reset it to straight - I had a small tweak in deliberately to counter the play in the old GX bolt which had helped a bit.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
is that the only component that you used from the kit?,
I have the kit in front of me , and there is a few more goodies in the bag than just the Bbolt and O ring

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I think Haakon mentioned earlier that he'd tried a couple of different shifters before looking at the play in the derailleur....?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
What chain are you running @Haakon, that doesn’t look like a SRAM power link or whatever they call those curved Eagle chain links?

Bloody hell, flu or not, I can see why you’re not out riding looking at that weather forecast! Only got to 23 here in Brissy today, and that blustery weather is supposed to knock it down to 21 or so over the weekend. I’m going to brave it though.

mark22

Likes Dirt
I changed the B bolt on a NX Eagle to the one above and can confirm it did improve the shifting performance quite a bit with virtually no play at the B bolt unlike the play original had.
But certainly need that over priced b gap tool to get the clearance correct , found it really hard to "guess" before.

Last edited: