Hacks

Who are you?

• Total voters

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Just a thought. I just bought 2 of these as helmet lights. Good throw and about 800 lumen. You would have to mount the battery somewhere though. Has a bar mount though so it should fit your fork. Could be cheaper than rigging a mount.
https://www.pushys.com.au/azur-800-lumens-dual-mini-rechargeable-front-light.html
I've got a variety of different lights that I've tried all sorts of options with, unfortunately fork leg mounted didn't work out any good. I like these as they are self contained and throw out some reasonable light, so happy to spend some time tinkering with a bracket.

is this photo at Pryors hut?
That one is Munro Hut @fatboyonabike

slowmick

38-39"
Could you combine the light mount with a mud guard on the front?

if not i think you could go with a flat plate beside the fork leg. and 4 fable ties. Just need to get your angles right. to the fight is pointing in the direction you want.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I thought that I'd get a 3D print done of my model before I started hacking into the aluminium stock to check mounting position and beam angle, reckon that I'm just going to run the printed bracket it's way stronger than I thought it would be and heaps lighter than what the alu part would have ended up... technology for the win.

Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
Couldn't find a thread for hacks. Maybe I'm useless at searching i.e. a hack.

Anyway just thought I would share my little hack for getting the seal back on hope pro hubs without using the specific tool.
I found the Shimano TL-FC25 BB tool is the right size to press the seal into place, just push down evenly:

moorey

call me Mia
There was a hack thread...I think departed @Ideate started it.
Good hack though....mainly for the people I’ve bought hopes off and they’ve fingered the infinity seal with all manner of sharp objects.

PJO

in me vL comy
Yeah I thought there was already a thread but it doesn't come up when you search for "Hacks", either on the forum search or google search...
Maybe it's because of that crazy "H"

slowmick

38-39"
Well it was either that or fill the drummers seat with Spinal Tap.

He confirmed that the drop off the timber work at the bottom of International could elicit some expletives if it all went wrong.