Hadley Rear Hubs :confused:

kizza

Likes Dirt
Hey, just after some advice about a rear hub for my DH bike (GT DHI)

I’m currently running a Hadley rear hub, came stock with the bike when I purchased it.

After having the bike serviced recently I was told something inside the hub is broken, If I remember correctly it was because the freewheel was sliding. Is this possible?
They didn’t take apart the hub to find out what was the reason because if they did then obviously they may not be able to put it back together, and then I would have been up for the cost of a new hub. Which quite possibly could be the case anyway.

Anyway, has anyone had any problems with Hadley rear hubs? Are there any known problems that I’m not aware of?

If it cannot be fixed with a quick replacement (not a whole new hub) and I will have to purchase a new hub, any recommendations? I will be after something along the lines of a Hadley, if not another one.

Cheers,

Kieran

rhyno

Likes Dirt
They didn’t take apart the hub to find out what was the reason because if they did then obviously they may not be able to put it back together, and then I would have been up for the cost of a new hub. Which quite possibly could be the case anyway.
They are pretty simple on the inside, theres not much that can go wrong, just pull it apart on a clean workbench. Sounds to me like the spring pushing the pawls out is maggoted.

kizza

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the replys guys, Ive just finished building another bike so i'll get the shop to check the hub out. At least this way I won't have to stop riding it it takes a while. :)