Hand pump

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I looked through the shitty search engine and found nothing useful. So can someone throw me a link if there is a thread already or recommend a good hand pump to carry on the trails. I'd prefer something that has a mount that goes under the drink cage and uses a hose to attach to the valve. Like the Lezyne I just lost....
Just want to try something different.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I have a good Zefal presta latch on only though.
Problem with screw on Lezyne is that it takes out tubeless valves inners.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I have a good Zefal presta latch on only though.
Problem with screw on Lezyne is that it takes out tubeless valves inners.
I only found that if I didn't have the valves tight enough.

Once I had a proper valve removal / installation tool, I had no issues with loose cores and pumps anymore.

DMan

I only found that if I didn't have the valves tight enough.

Once I had a proper valve removal / installation tool, I had no issues with loose cores and pumps anymore.
I didn't have that problem either?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Absolute best bike pumps are the Topeak morph series with gauges. The mini is good for mtb and will do 140psi for road. The turbo morph has the best dial gauge and has higher pump volume but is obviously heavier.

The oneup edc is a close second. The 100cc version can also mount the tool kit and a co2 canister. Very handy but not having a gauge means you need to carry a seperate one somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
I like the high volume syncros pumps for mountain bikes, I've had one for about 5 years.
I would avoid the lezyne brand, everything I have bought in that brand has been rubbish and only just does the job.

Oddjob

I like the high volume syncros pumps for mountain bikes, I've had one for about 5 years.
I would avoid the lezyne brand, everything I have bought in that brand has been rubbish and only just does the job.
Hmm weird. My Lezyne floor pump is the best one I have ever owned. The pump head in particular is excellent.

John U

MTB Precision
Topeak mountain morph. Very good.

A pump that won’t pump up tyres properly is Dead weight. Despite this many manufacturers make them.

Been using these for years. I’ll pull over to help others when their pump isn’t working. I have 2 now. Spare parts are available also. The version I have doesn’t have the gauge.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hmm weird. My Lezyne floor pump is the best one I have ever owned. The pump head in particular is excellent.
I have the gold plated shock pump that takes for ever to pump up a shock and the valve head doesn't press down on the schrader valves of some shocks. The multi tool is almost as bad, used it once, always wrapped in plastic and rusty as hell. Not to mention the useless chain breaker on it, you need to have giant wrists to turn the handle.

Oddjob

You've chosen the exact tools that have the most esoteric brand leaders.

The Topeak mini 18 mutlitools are the best multitools.

Parktools ct 6.3 is the best chain tool.

The Wrench force shock pump has a valve that fits everything including ridiculous recessed valves like Manitou 3 ways. It also has a replaceable dial.

Lanotec on a greasy rag is your tools best friend.

DMan

Absolute best bike pumps are the Topeak morph series with gauges. The mini is good for mtb and will do 140psi for road. The turbo morph has the best dial gauge and has higher pump volume but is obviously heavier.

The oneup edc is a close second. The 100cc version can also mount the tool kit and a co2 canister. Very handy but not having a gauge means you need to carry a seperate one somewhere else.

Yep, that looks the go. Does it mount to the side of the bottle cage though or instead of it? Looks like instead on the piccies

Oddjob

Yep, that looks the go. Does it mount to the side of the bottle cage though or instead of it? Looks like instead on the piccies
The Topeak and Oneup pump mounts are to the side of the bottle cage. They provide extended screws to attach the pump mount between the frame and bottle cage.

John U

MTB Precision
Beware of the bottle cage mount. I lost the bit that screws on top of the hose using this. Was able to get a replacement part though. I keep mine in my pack now.

riene5

Likes Bikes
These are the tits. Aside from a bigger pump with a gauge on it, this is easily the best pump I've ever had.
https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/oneup-components-edc-every-day-carry-pump

Sorry for digging up an old thread, however I'm in need of a new mini pump to go on the frame.
My Topeak Mountain Morph died when it got soaked on my commuter (ride a lot in the rain)

I was thinking about the oneup 100cc
However I would not use the cartridge carrier and mini tool (I believe it can carry a mini tool - sold separately)

Is it overkill?
And any experience on it getting wet and surviving?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i’ve got 2 of the morph series, quite good, i like my lezyne micro floor hv better, -it has a slightly bigger hose, gets 30% more air in—but some of their pumps do have a shitty head, my floor pump for instance is a POS, they are interchangeable though,

T-Rex

Template denier
Sorry for digging up an old thread, however I'm in need of a new mini pump to go on the frame.
My Topeak Mountain Morph died when it got soaked on my commuter (ride a lot in the rain)

I was thinking about the oneup 100cc
However I would not use the cartridge carrier and mini tool (I believe it can carry a mini tool - sold separately)

Is it overkill?
And any experience on it getting wet and surviving?
Junior and my regular riding buddy Bren both have oneups and I have had to borrow from both on a couple of occasions. Best trail pump I have ever used. Junior’s is at least 2 years old, has had plenty of soakings, and as of two days ago when I last used it out on the trail, it was still working perfectly. Not sure how old Bren’s one is, but it looks as well used as Juniors.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Junior and my regular riding buddy Bren both have oneups and I have had to borrow from both on a couple of occasions. Best trail pump I have ever used. Junior’s is at least 2 years old, has had plenty of soakings, and as of two days ago when I last used it out on the trail, it was still working perfectly. Not sure how old Bren’s one is, but it looks as well used as Juniors.
Sounds like we know what you need for your birthday @T-Rex