Handlebars on "wish"

safreek

Just saw some race face carbon bars on the wish site, any idea if they are genuine or counterfeit. Even if fake how dodgy quality do you think they would be. Get ready to laugh, $33au

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I broke some aluminium bars that were used bought from here.
Was rolling over a log roll lucKily no harm done but its not fun.
Have seen some shit Chinese stuff where the carbon is just chucked everywhere, THEY DONT CARE = NO THANKS .

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Flat out no to cheap carbon bars. Tried a pair out of curiosity years ago, terrible. Scary flex and easily dented by clamps.

And of course you spend the whole ride wondering when its going to snap...

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I hate to say it, but I bought some knock off bars - raceface as well, about $40 or something. When I got them, they were indistinguishable from original - same mold lines, white ring on the outside etc etc, ran them for a couple of years without any problems - bottomed out the front forks many many times.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The knock offs aren't usually made right and they ride stiff like an ironing board, it defeats the purpose or carbon bars.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I had a mate who insisted I put some knock off 3T’s on his bike. Didn’t pass the car park test, first small load they cracked at the thickness transition to the point they went floppy. This was the drop off of a residential curb. 80-100mm drop. Far from extreme

Now I use them in the vice to mount brakes to while bleeding.

98% of the bars being sold cheap are counterfeit, the rest are QC failures.

Remember, pretty much every industry bar (hehe no pun intended) the bicycle industry tests their carbon in the final QC stage before shopping out.

I suspect quality carbon bars will gradually fail, announcing via large cracking noises that fibres are snapping. Cheap stuff, probably a catastrophic failure.

When you end up at the dentist with a busted face, ask him to call his new car or boat after you.