Handmade Bicycle Show Australia

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I just saw this on Pinkbike: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/eight-bikes-from-the-2019-handmade-bicycle-show-australia.html
Did anybody go? How did you know it was on? Did anybody see any advertising for the event??

I personally would have loved to check out all of the bikes, and I even would have had time to attend, IF I had known the event was even happening!!
And I spend enough time on here and facebook bike pages that surely I would have seen something about it...

It would have been awesome to check out Monē Bikes steel frame in person!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
What the hell? I would have gone if had known it was on!?

*Edit - looks like it was limited to 750 tickets though - at least for the opening night.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Same category - would have gone if I'd known earlier. Looks like it was a decent showing and variety.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I went last year. it was ok. There were a couple of builders I would buy from, Ewan Gellie, and one other. Some wankily expensive bikes that were not worth the coin IMO. Buy a Baum or a Llewellyn if you just won lotto, or a Gellie if you want an excellent daily driver that you won't cry too hard if you get a scratch on it.
The show was mostly road bikes.

There was one there (Prova) that used carbon in the seat tube, to which I say GTFO. it may improve ride quality, maybe, but not durability, IMO.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I went down again this year.

Bigger than last year but still very roadie focused. If you want to check out some amazing craftsmanship it’s worth a visit. The paint in that place is unbelievable and the anodised finish on the Prova is a step beyond. The people who make the bikes are standing next to them and always up for a chat.

They ran some talks by builders over the weekend which was a nice addition. I somehow listened to Greg Baum talking about rubber trail vs fork trail vs bar width vs stem length for an hour. Fascinating but full nerd. There’s a bar so I had a sneaky beer while trying to tune in to the finer points.

Prova/ fyxo/ curve/ shifter/ bikes by Steve/ 9 volt/ bastion socials will let you know when something like this is going on

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Yep that new to painted frame from mark at Prova a was smick..the 3D printing he is exploring is great, bastion bikes are super expensive. Enjoyed riding with mark from Prova a at curve big day out, he handles a bike pretty well

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Someone posted a link in the comments on Pinkbike, to this German bloke who makes some nice bling
Very nice but dentist pricing. Might splash out on a seatpost clamp.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I was up at buller for the closing weekend and heard about it while riding my homemade bike haha.. I would have gone if if know about it.. Do you have to one of the kool kids to know about it?