hanger help...

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G-day guys
i need some help, i have an 06 stp zero, i got it second hand, and i need a hanger for it.
would they (giant) of changed the design of hanger from 06 till 2010.. ? and or would anyone have a picture of one so i can compear and find the right one :D cheers guys

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
G-day guys
i need some help, i have an 06 stp zero, i got it second hand, and i need a hanger for it.
would they (giant) of changed the design of hanger from 06 till 2010.. ? and or would anyone have a picture of one so i can compear and find the right one :D cheers guys
I believe your bike uses something like this. Newer Giants use an updated hanger that mounts inboard of the dropout, rather than the above which is outboard. I'm unsure when they made this change, or whether the STP has the newer hanger.

To be honest, price of these things is going to fluctuate around $30; I'd speak to a Giant dealer to see if they can hook you up with the right one.

Good luck!

Last edited:

duggymag

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah cheers mate, thanks heeps.
i took a photo of the pattern on the frame, looks pretty spot on, but ill try a mates 08 stp to see :D
but thanks mate :)

Ducky Punk

Banned
Idiot proof guide to buying a hanger
1. Take old hanger off bike
2. Go to LBS
3. Ask for hanger that matches
4. Bolt new hanger on bike.

Jimass

Eats Squid
^^^
I'm pretty sure that its obvious he doesn't have the original hanger...

Could be wrong, then you're right.

mlsred

Likes Dirt
Idiot proof guide to buying a hanger
1. Take old hanger off bike
2. Go to LBS
3. Ask for hanger that matches
4. Bolt new hanger on bike.
revised
1.take bike or frame to LBS
2.say to person in the bike shop "I want a hanger to fit this"
3.let them deal with it.

they may have to order one in I know I ordered a hanger for an 03 giant yestearday and there is a huge range of hangers available from suppliers