Happy Festivus!

tobbogonist

a registered member
I havn't had too bad a year all considering, little promotion at work, new bike, i couldn't go to melb so got out of sitting around watching old friends chew their faces off on drugs whilst they tell me how I should move back and live on their lounge, i joined Rotorburn, Mum beat breast cancer and we just got approved to put in an offer on a parcel of untouched rainforest in Tasmania.
Im really just showing off cause im happy about Mum.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I havn't had too bad a year all considering, little promotion at work, new bike, i couldn't go to melb so got out of sitting around watching old friends chew their faces off on drugs whilst they tell me how I should move back and live on their lounge, i joined Rotorburn, Mum beat breast cancer and we just got approved to put in an offer on a parcel of untouched rainforest in Tasmania.
Im really just showing off cause im happy about Mum.
Where in tassie? Once I move to the house in Hobart, we will start looking for land while renovating the house... There are still some very pretty corner of forest within easy reach of town down there.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Where in tassie? Once I move to the house in Hobart, we will start looking for land while renovating the house... There are still some very pretty corner of forest within easy reach of town down there.
NW coast backing on to black river. Used to belong to an old bloke from melb who sadly passed away, he has it set up with a cabin and a couple of shipping containers. Prices are going up.
Chose the nw cause its where i grew up and i love the rainforest in that area.
There is some spots round cygnet, new norfolk up at the moment. We needed something to plonk a tiny house on, access is pretty bad in a lot of the bush blocks.
We had to be picky.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Mrs Ultra bailed on being mrs ultra in January, lost my dog to the aforementioned ex-ultra, Rona’s hit and for two months my income wasn’t covering the mortgage because we had to drop hours st work (almost half), haemorrhaging money left, right and centre to pay for reno’s, solicitor’s and then the ol’ L5-S1 reherniated. Months lost to endone and netflix. Disk eventually came off the nerve, 8 weeks to get my left leg properly functional again because it didn’t want to work anymore. Left foot is still abit fucky but getting there.
Started getting back ahead financially and Mr’s ultra decides she’s gonna hit me up for a payout so more solicitor fees and her pound of flesh. As the solicitor put it, “at this point just pay her to go away”.
Signed papers finally a month or so ago so that’s kinda neat I guess.

Christmas can eat a bag of dicks. I just plan to jazz hands the holidays away.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mrs Ultra bailed on being mrs ultra in January, lost my dog to the aforementioned ex-ultra, Rona’s hit and for two months my income wasn’t covering the mortgage because we had to drop hours st work (almost half), haemorrhaging money left, right and centre to pay for reno’s, solicitor’s and then the ol’ L5-S1 reherniated. Months lost to endone and netflix. Disk eventually came off the nerve, 8 weeks to get my left leg properly functional again because it didn’t want to work anymore. Left foot is still abit fucky but getting there.
Started getting back ahead financially and Mr’s ultra decides she’s gonna hit me up for a payout so more solicitor fees and her pound of flesh. As the solicitor put it, “at this point just pay her to go away”.
Signed papers finally a month or so ago so that’s kinda neat I guess.

View attachment 370705

You've had a great year mate. Fuck 2020 in the dick with a hammer.

@tobbogonist - that's goods news about your mum.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Things will get better. Hang in there. Hate to say it but sometimes things just work out like that for no good reason.
There isn't much you can do and it isn't right.

Get thee to thy closest Covid approved trails. Spend you holidays messing around on bikes. You have plenty of options near the Shire.
It will cheer you up and probably isn't the best time to travel long distances. Vindicated for dirt inspired staycation before you even have to think about it :)

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Sorry to hear, man. All the best for the coming year. I have to ask though, is that a masturbation euphemism?
It’s a reference to the jokes about my white gloves in the PYR thread.

Poodles the wank euphemism guy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Jazz hands are not jizz hands. This guy should clear all that up for you:

He looks like Nick Nolte, but really high rather than rock bottom.

Those white gloves are crisp. You'll be living the nappysan dreams.

mtb1611

Seymour
Ah yes, 2020....

The Good: managed to emerge unscathed through the financial mess of covid, courtesy of being a public servant. Working from home a fair bit meant a whole lotta trakkie dak time, but a whole lotta brain fry by 4:00pm after 8 hours on Zoom/MS Teams. The boys (15 year old twins) picked up jobs at Maccas in June. Got myself a new bike in September, and the boys also got into mtb, both getting new bikes.

The Bad: family trip to Bali was canned in March; was intended as possibly a final 'family' holiday given that the wife (let's call her 'M') and I parted ways in late 2017. In mid May M experienced a bit of back pain, was diagnosed with cancer in late May, and passed away on the October long weekend. Lots of conversations with 2 young fellows right from the get go, explaining the illness and that they'd lose their mum within a matter of months, which they did. Now navigating life as a single parent, lots of support from my amazing partner, family and friends though and the boys are doing well, thankfully.

So, 2020, please be gone!

Last edited:

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Ah yes, 2020....

The Good: managed to emerge unscathed through the finacial mess of covid, courtesy of being a public servant. Working from home a fair bit meant a whole lotta trakkie dak time, but a whole lotta brain fry by 4:00pm after 8 hours on Zoom/MS Teams. The boys (15 year old twins) picked up jobs at Maccas in June. Got myself a new bike in September.

The Bad: family trip to Bali was canned in March; was intended as possibly a final 'family' holiday given that the wife (let's call her 'M' and I parted ways in late 2017. In mid May M experienced a bit of back pain, was diagnosed with cancer in late May, and passed away on the October long weekend. Lots of conversations with 2 young fellows right from the get go, explaining the illness and that they'd lose their mum within a matter of months, which they did. Now navigating life as a single parent, lots of support from my amazing partner, family and friends though and the boys are doing well, thankfully.

So, 2020, please be gone!

View attachment 370720
Sorry to hear of your loss. That can’t be easy for you or the boys. I hope you all have a relaxing time over the holidays, eat lots of free maccas and ride your bike lots and lots:)