Harbour's new DMR trailstar LT

a_harbour

Likes Dirt
This is my new frame, a brand new DMR Trailstar LT. I love it. Perfect geometry (well for me anyway) Thanks to those farkiners who advised me to choose this over the RM flow, i appreciate your wisdom. I can already tell that this frame will be good for all riding styles. And yes! it is good to manual.
It is also surprisingly light for a cromo frame and can easily be thrown around. STEEL IS REAL
The firefly forks feel so much better than they did on my old frame and are perfect for the dmr. I also bought some new handlebars(Answer pro taper) , which are again perfect.

Some specs: (mostly off old bike, FELT fs900)

Frame: DMR trailstar LT in black (size 14")
Fork: Manitou Sherman Frieflys
Rim: DICE 26 (on back)
Hub: FELT (off old bike, their pretty much Deore copies)
Tires: Old Ninja DH tyres
Cranks: Race Face Prodogy
Pedals: Crappy old treking fox ones
BB: Raceface something
Brakes: Shimano Deore Hydro up front and mechanical on back
Saddle: VELO (only the best!)
Handlebar: Answer ProTaper 2" in gold
Stem: Aireal Ind. Lifter stem

Check out the pics (click on them to enlarge)

a_harbour

Likes Dirt
Oli7000 said:
a_harbour said:
No excuses now.
Spotlights on you now.
Well theres no excuses for you either Oli. Your bike is just as good

And LEX as I said it is very easy to throw around. So it is also good for urban/street riding. Being cromo gives the back end a bit of give which makes for a smoother ride.

I rode it today mainly on downhill tracks and a few big gaps and it takes everything well. Its good for tight tracks and is exellent for cornering.

dutton04

Likes Bikes
lovely! did u get it through dirtworks?
what is the colour called (yeh i know its black)?
Inspirational bike

a_harbour

Likes Dirt
chucky said:
nice looking bike. i saw it today at nerrina and looks sweet. love those forks.
Thanks man, today at Nerrina was the first place I rode the new frame and it went real well. I love Nerrina, i'm so lucky just living down the road from it, i should ride there heaps more. But I will now with the DMR, it's pure brilliance!

Hows your mate after that big stack? That was pretty tough eh! I hope his alright :(

chandler_mate said:
if you run yes than 50PSI that dice rim is gonna get fucked over pretty quickly, the sidewalls collapse.
That 26 rim will die very soon because I have already callopsed a bit of side wall. It snapped clean off. Have a look in the pic, you can see the red electrical tape were i'm protecting the tube from getting punctured from the snapped metal. The Dice 26 are realy only race rims only!

mtb_man

Likes Dirt
Nice going on the DMR, glad you listened to reason, or at least a bunch of farkiners with biased opinions :)

Psyloman

Likes Dirt
Nice ride dude
GO BALLARAT HT PRIDE
STEAL IS REAL hay mate
Might have to make my way out to nerrina and have a look