Hardtail build

I went through this exact dilemma haha. Chose the scout as it was closer in geo to the piglet than the blue pig.
Essentially what I went through too. Had eyes and heart set on a Production Privee Shan but delivery was going to be a killer. Went with the Scout and have been really damn happy with it. At the time of buying mine it was really only the courier costs that separated the two of them.
PP is not totally out of the picture yet either. Will be in Europe late this year....it's a possibility.
You've got a great problem to have between the two frames you're looking at.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Thanks for all of the advice how does the scout climb? I have been reading some reviews on the Ragleys and some people are saying they climb like real pigs so I'm wondering what the scout meeting ended think of its climbing ability?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the advice how does the scout climb? I have been reading some reviews on the Ragleys and some people are saying they climb like real pigs so I'm wondering what the scout meeting ended think of its climbing ability?

Does it fine. Am comparing big wheeled full suspension to a HT though so it's always going to be better. Having said that my Enduro climbs pretty well for the big bike that it is. Scout climbs as well as my BFe did, maybe better being a better fit for me.
I'm currently running it singlespeed and I like it. If you sit back on the climbs the front will unweight pretty easy, short back end makes it easy to lift. Wheelie machine. But climbing does tend to mean you're leaning into the bars, more or less.
Am no expert on this but I would say choice of fork makes a big difference. Would guess any slack HT will tend to wander a bit on climbs?
Only negative I find is the low BB and rock strikes uphill, I've got 175mm cranks and need to watch it through rocky climbs. A bit of ratcheting on the climbs. Bit of an adjustment to my technique. And we've only got a couple of spots here where that's an issue.
You can easily see I'm a fan. To be honest if they had XL frames available in the 29 I'd probably be getting one. And wife would be calling me all sorts of stupid names.

Alright so I settled on the scout and crc don't have the 15.75" that the size guide recommended so I started looking again and went and had a look at what on one had on offer and found this

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROODD27/on-one-deedar-275-steel-hardtail-frame

Does anyone know much about them?

Looks pretty cool. Won't be many around so you'd be a bit unique on the trails.
For the price you could look at a Commencal Meta
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/commencal-meta-ht-am-frame-2017/rp-prod147113

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Just ordered a Scout. Went the 18". The Ragleys are out in my size now as well...

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Essentially what I went through too. Had eyes and heart set on a Production Privee Shan but delivery was going to be a killer. Went with the Scout and have been really damn happy with it. At the time of buying mine it was really only the courier costs that separated the two of them.
PP is not totally out of the picture yet either. Will be in Europe late this year....it's a possibility.
You've got a great problem to have between the two frames you're looking at.
https://www.pushys.com.au/bikes-and-bicycle-frames.html?brand_pushys=3336&cat=661
Just buy local.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Only 7X over my budget.
Na Mate, I was referring sufferthesinglespeed thinking of buying one on his travels to Europe.... easier (albeit maybe a little more expensive) to buy locally than dragging a frame back from Europe (and paying local VAT)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Na Mate, I was referring sufferthesinglespeed thinking of buying one on his travels to Europe.... easier (albeit maybe a little more expensive) to buy locally than dragging a frame back from Europe (and paying local VAT)
Yep, picked up on that. Pretty sweet if you have the cash.

Yep, picked up on that. Pretty sweet if you have the cash.
At the time they didn't have a local distributor or were just in the process of setting it up.
Were quite happy to deal with me direct and it was actually cheaper all up to get it from them than to go local.
No VAT added from the European end if it's bought outside the EU.
Was going to end up somewhere around $800 or so. Ummed and aahhed for a bit and the wife finally said get the Scout for now and then get the other one when we're in France. Was a jaw dropping moment. Hopefully it's still a goer? But thinking 29r
If I can get one delivered to France while I pay from here, it's a winner.
You'll be happy with the Scout. I like it more and more. Will be hard to let it go, if I need to.

So late last night I went completely off thread and bought a Marin Pine Mountain 1 27.5+ off torpedo7 for $1099 delivered

https://m.torpedo7.com.au/products/MJBM7N7P2/title/marin-2017-pine-mountain-1-27-5--mtb

Checked today and the price is up $250 so I got really lucky. There aren't many reviews so will see how it is.

I think AMB did a review or possibly Mountain Bike Australia? Mountain Biking UK?
Remember reading about this bike.
Price is pretty good for a complete.
What's the timeframe on upgrades and additions? haha

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Thanks for that I'll look it up. I came across a bunch for the rigid model but not many for the suspension version.