Haro Escape 8.2

dopestylesamwin

Likes Dirt
yeah! Just went and bought one of these babies today, picking it up next week, I got the 05 model in the silver colour, looks wicked! anyone got any tips on parts to change on this bike or anything like that? Anyone else ridin one of these beauties? Cheers....

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cranks and brakes is what I would be changing, as well as the bars/stem.

p.s. why is this in downhill?

dopestylesamwin

Likes Dirt
oh ok whats wrong with the cranks and brakes? im a fair newby to MTBing this is my first bike eh, where should this thread be? I spose I put it in here cause im gonna be riding downhill/dj mainly but thanks for your help anyway...

Kona.S.P

Likes Dirt
There a really nice bike... i used to own the 8.1 and i loved it, The only part i would be replacing would be the stem.

vwtyp2

Likes Bikes
nice work.
I had the '04 8.3 as well as the '03 8.3. now I've got the '05 x3
the avid bbdb's work great, but you may want to upgrade to hydro's eventually.
depending on your riding style, the rims may be a possible future upgrade.
the 31.8 diameter bars are fairly burly, and will put up with a fair amount of abuse.
basically, to get an idea of what to upgrade, look at the 8.3 and see what it's got that you dont.
hope this helps.
cheers, Dan.

dopestylesamwin

Likes Dirt
yeah i had a look at the 8.3, im probably going to put on the downhill specific tyres the 8.3 has, i think they are maxxis? also putting a fatter stem on right from the get go. yeah .... only 5 more days till I pick it up.

vwtyp2

Likes Bikes
nah, Don't go the maxxis.
they are sooo heavy.
the last 3 haro's I've had, I've taken them off and run wild grippers.
Hot S are half the weight of the Minion DH.
makes it so much easier to pedal with light wheels.
the front wheel with a Hot S and a latex tube is lighter than just the Maxxis tyre on it's own.
since running latex tubes for the last 2 years, I have not had one pinch flat, even running them at low psi.

vwtyp2

Likes Bikes
no, I've got the Hutchinson ones in my DH bike, and Michelin's in my X3.
the hutchies come in a 2.125, and the michies in a 1.95.
both of them are in 2.5" tyres though.