Haro Escape

Sic

Likes Dirt
Hey what do we think about the Haro escape frame? Ive found a pretty good deal on an 8.3 but Id have to trade my bike in ( a GT Ruckus hardtail ) and I was wondering what the differences between the 2 frames would be. Im really happy with the ruckus but the parts spec is better on the haro and with trade in its cheaper than upgrading the ruckus, any thoughts?

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are you talking about the '03 bikes?

I've got an '03 Escape 8.2 and I reckon it's pretty damn good. I bought a 17.5" frame which is a good fit for my height (6'1") even with a short stem. Personally I wouldn't get one any bigger though. The frame is pretty beefy as you've probably already seen so hopefully it should hold up to a bit of abuse. I ride mainly technical trails with drops, logs, rocks etc., a bit of DJ and the occasional urban ride and the bike is great for this kind of stuff.

The only thing I hated about this bike was the stock pedals. In the wet they were slipperier than greased owl s**t and the bearings were crap right from the start. Last week I bent the Formula rear hub too but I don't think these come on the 8.3.

I haven't really spent that much time on GT hardtails (only ridden a mates GT a few times) so I'm not sure how it would compare to your Ruckus.

Sic

Likes Dirt
Yeah thats the 1, sounds like you do a similar sorta riding to me so it might be a goer, its just always hard parting with a bike you really like i guess.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Dirt Devil said:
I bought a 17.5" frame which is a good fit for my height (6'1") even with a short stem. Personally I wouldn't get one any bigger though.
Do you have to rub it in? :cry: Sizing is the thing to be most careful of here, their frames are HUGE! Mine is just too big, but other than that it's hard to fault...except maybe for the 9-speed drivetrain, but I spose you've got that on the Ruckus too.