NSW Harrington Park closed

romy

Likes Dirt
Just a heads up I went for a ride this morning and was confronted with Signs in the ground stating that riding MTB's in the harrington park forest was prohibited (Nice pic of a MTB, motorbike and a horse with a cross through them)
Sad day for MTB :rip:

Muzz81

Cannon Fodder
Yep Thanks to our good friends at trailflix plastering it all over the Internet and claiming that the trials where in fact there own ! Yet another great local trail goes down .

I'm not angry just disappointed

Cypher

Likes Dirt
Yep Thanks to our good friends at trailflix plastering it all over the Internet and claiming that the trials where in fact there own ! Yet another great local trail goes down .

<cue a southern american accent...>
Thems local trails...for local people

Actually if you are part of Community Plan DP 270613, yes you can ride it - even then there may be some restrictions. Otherwise it is private property.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC

It was the threads on Rotorburn inviting people to maintenance days and rides that caught the ire of the Office of heritage and Environment + a pissed off local with council connections stirring the pot.

Posting illegal trails and dig days on the internets will get things shut down. This is not a new phenomenon, you'd think we'd know by now.

Stupid thing is the Department is more open than ever to legal trails, things could have been different if proper channels had been followed or at very least pulication of trail and trail works kept off the internet forums

Last edited: