Has anyone heard of or bought anything from this website?

J

JaRedy

Haha I Might just throw in another point - I would bet the distributor pays more than that to get the bikes in the first place.

Jeremey

Likes Bikes
Wow. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig going first. Some killer deals though. Tried to find out some more info on them but could only find stuff they had posted on business directories.

neutronmad

Cannon Fodder
this was a repply to my questoin on that site.

Hello ,

Yes ,it's the price USD 1,100.00

That is price in indonesia market.

Shipping cost to Portugal is USD 150.00
Delivery time 4-5 days

Thank's

Looking forward hearing from you

Best Regards
Surya Sitorus

> US $1,100.00 for suer that the price is not correct, it is?
> how much to send to Portugal?
>

radbiker

Likes Dirt
i can see how this is possibly legitimate as over in Indonesia the excahnge rates and cost of things in Australian dollars is extremely cheap. your large chips and a coke over hear for say $10 costs something around 10cents over there so that would be a possible explanation for price wouldnt it?

anyways, it will be good to see the outcome

ACNRS

Likes Dirt
well they are definatly not legit, if you look on the left hand side of the web site page where the sponsors are they list giant, scott, cannondale, cervelo and specialized, and when you click on the giant link it comes up with GT bikes.
i dont think a distibutor would make that kind of mistake.:eek:

Danman89

Likes Bikes
I wouldn't be sending any money there in a hurry.

I have a couple of mates who "bought" bikes/wheels from Indonesia, needless to say they never came. I believe they were from the site alibaba or something like that.

The first one said you could get a Scott Addict R1 with full Durace for $1000 each or maybe even cheaper but the catch was you had to buy 3. Paid the money and they never came.

My other mate was looking at getting Zipp 404 wheels for $500 a set and actuallly communicated with the person over email. He even paid for them after my first mate realised his was a scam! The wheels did not come...

Do you have Nortons or McAfee on your PC? Because they usually have a bar on the top to say if the site is suspect or safe

Anyway from the looks of it the deal seems too good to be true.

wombat

Lives in a hole
i can see how this is possibly legitimate as over in Indonesia the excahnge rates and cost of things in Australian dollars is extremely cheap. your large chips and a coke over hear for say $10 costs something around 10cents over there so that would be a possible explanation for price wouldnt it?

anyways, it will be good to see the outcome
And this is why scammers keep pulling their shit.

Samy

Likes Dirt
Whilst I wouldn't buy anything from there, it's very similar to a website selling software that I came across.

It looked dodgy so I researched it, and all comments/whois data pointed to a scam.

Anyway, I needed to take the chance and save $2000 off the price of the Adobe Master Collection, so I put in an order.

It worked, serial number was provided and they backed up with great support.

:eek:

Now, someone take a chance and order a new bike!

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best to just check with Paypal. They will provide the answers. Ask them if your protected as well.

J

JaRedy

Jaredy:

I am interested your GT Fury
How many in stock?
http://www.siantar-store.com/index.php?categoryID=106
Thankyou.

Saintar-store:

Hello ,
Model do you want to order please ,
Thank's
Looking forward hearing from you

Best Regards
Surya Sitorus

Jaredy:

I might want to order the GT Fury HERE (hyperlink this time)

How many in stock?

Saintar-store:

Hello ,

Update stock is 10 units
Thank's

Jaredy:

I don't understand, the image of the GT you have is the image of one
of
the prototypes.

I was not infromed that they were coming into production yet.

As the importers, when did you start recieving the GT fury for
re-sale?

Saintar-store:

Hello ,

Are you through with your order ?

Jaredy:

Sorry, I am a little worried with my money. The prices seem too good to be true?
If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay for the bike, as the importer? Or
is that information confidential.

I appreciate your quick replys. (they are replying within 5 mins…)

Saintar-store:

Why did you try to investigate all about the product that was sold by us ?
There was none of your right as the buyer to ask about the matter like
that to us If you hesitant better shop in store that was other

Jaredy:

Excuse me? It is perfectly within my rights to investigate the products that you are offering. I am the customer and If I'm feeling hesitant on an offer you should be as helpful as you can instead and should try to resolve the problem so that you can keep your business, instead of insulting me like that. I am very offended and I hope that you burn your bottom from the Thai extra chilli curry death!

Well you see I recall it being last Thursday when I was walking down llama road and this guy jumped out at me threatening me with a fish. I was like OMG why are you threatening me with a fish! Then I went to my wallet and pulled out my key to the scooter...I repeated the words "im not fat" three times, and the key turned into a sword fish...then he was like OMG and he jumped into the palm tree and later passed away that year.

You have just lost my business you silly little sausage.

Saintar-store:

Bye

I love the way they avoided my very first question...

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LOL!

Sums it up for me.

JaRedy, thanks for sharing...

I did some google earthing today. The address doesn't seem to exist. The place where is closest too looks like the best parts of Somalia, which is as much as a compliment as a piece of dog crap served next to your $60 sirloin steak.

Judd out.

jonesy46

Likes Dirt
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM
ANYTHING out of Indonesia is a scam !
Do not buy.
Do not engage them.
Alibaba and anything to do with bikes is a SCAM.
Do not think you will get a deal - you won`t.
If you want to piss $1000 + into the wind, send it to me. Atleast I`ll be literate and polite while I alleviate you of your hard earned cash.
Email the Indonesian distributer of these bikes and ask if so and so is a account holding retailer - the answer will be NO.

How many more thick teenagers on this forum are going to be sucked in by this type of scam ?

Aaaarrrrrh !