Has My mountain closed?

Jpez

Down on the left!
I bought 6k worth of bike from them a year ago and I'm having a couple of issues with it. I'm also thinking of buying a Norco Range which the sell or at least used to.Tried to phone for two days straight with no answer so sent them a face book message.
After seeing that they had seen my message but ignored me I told them what I really thought of the shop and its too cool for school bad attitude.
Got a two word reply. " My mountain has closed." Closed for good? Closed for a holiday?
Without taking a drive over there I can't verify it.
Anyone in Brunswick confirm it's closed?
Can I take my trek and piece of shit Reverb seat post to another dealer to get my problem sorted?

Oh they also neglected to give me a physical receipt. " it's all in the system mate. Any problems bring it straight back".
Hmmm

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Tim's been trying to sell heaps of stuff on all the Facebook groups a for a while now.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I would have never walked out of a shop without a receipt after parting with that sort of money for anything. Find the ABN and check that the ABN Status is 'active'

If it's this company here, you're in a bit of a hard spot.

mymount.JPG

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Their one page website could contain a clue...appears they are taking their unsurpassed industry knowledge, excellent customer service and bargain basement pricing model to a world wide pool of sucke....er.....future satisfied customers.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would have never walked out of a shop without a receipt after parting with that sort of money for anything. Find the ABN and check that the ABN Status is 'active'

If it's this company here, you're in a bit of hard spot.

View attachment 338974
Any idea what

'Strike off action in progress' means under status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Any idea what

'Strike off action in progress' means under status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://asic.gov.au/for-business/clo...ion/asic-initiated-deregistration-of-company/

Reasons for an ASIC-initiated deregistration

There are a few reasons why ASIC may begin deregistering a company, including if:

the company has not paid its annual review fee within 12 months of the due date
the company has not responded to a Company compliance notice, has not lodged any documents in 18 months, and we think it's not in business; or
the company is being wound up and there is no liquidator.
How does an ASIC-initiated deregistration work?

The steps for an ASIC-initiated deregistration are:

We'll send a letter to the company's directors and/or liquidator (if applicable)to advise of the pending deregistration.
We'll update the company's status on our register to display as 'SOFF' (Strike off status), meaning it's being deregistered.
We'll post a notice on our Published notices website, advising that the company will be deregistered in two months unless stopped.
When two months have passed, we'll deregister the company and send a notice to the directors and/or liquidators to confirm.
Once a notice has been published on the Published notices website, it can't be removed, even if deregistration is stopped.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Possible that Trek have the purchase details. Give their Australia HQ a call, they're usually pretty helpful.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was in there a month or 2 back, but now you mention it their Insta has gone quiet recently too.

I'm just around the corner, might just swing by tomorrow.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There was an auction of cycling gear about 3 weeks ago IIRC and my mate picked up a host of kit for pennies on the dollar.
Apparently that was from MM so that would indicate the shut up shop.

Again, talk to Trek, they've been great with me when I had issues.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You dirty haters! It is pricks like you and the other consumers that expect a retailer to provide good service and reasonable prices that are keeping the industry back. No wonder Australian retail is struggling...surely you can't expect places to be competitive? That's not how retail works.

I bought 6k worth of bike from them a year ago and I'm having a couple of issues with it. I'm also thinking of buying a Norco Range which the sell or at least used to.Tried to phone for two days straight with no answer so sent them a face book message.
After seeing that they had seen my message but ignored me I told them what I really thought of the shop and its too cool for school bad attitude.
Got a two word reply. " My mountain has closed." Closed for good? Closed for a holiday?
Without taking a drive over there I can't verify it.
Anyone in Brunswick confirm it's closed?
Can I take my trek and piece of shit Reverb seat post to another dealer to get my problem sorted?

Oh they also neglected to give me a physical receipt. " it's all in the system mate. Any problems bring it straight back".
Hmmm
As others have said, hit up trek.

As for warranty via other shops...generally the warranty isn't offered by any of the retailers, but the wholesaler (unless they are both). I have done warranty related stuff through shops that weren't my dealer plenty of times. It does help if you have a good relationship with the retailer as they are really doing you a solid and they have a relationship with the wholesaler. Sometimes I have contacted the wholesaler first to find out who they would like me to use.

I was in there a month or 2 back, but now you mention it their Insta has gone quiet recently too.

I'm just around the corner, might just swing by tomorrow.
If there are any bargains make sure you share the knowledge.

jbg

Likes Dirt
I would register your bike on the trek website if you haven't done so already. Also drop into TFM and explain the problem, Trek are pretty solid and you should get some help from them.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Issues with reverb will go to Sram DSD, and they need the receipt, or at least purchase date. THe've been very good dealing with me through another shop to the one I bought my bike from. But it is Dealer Service Diect
Al..