Has My mountain closed?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I work about 2 blocks away from the store and pass it twice a day to/from work. I'll go for a walk down there at 10:30 if it's not raining.

I was in there a few weeks back. Unfamiliar faces behind the front desk and in the workshop... appeared to have no idea what I was talking about when I said I'm chasing some slicko grease.
For high end MTB 'enthusiasts', sometimes it seems they don't really know much, and I never see any of their employees out riding the local spots.

Their inventory appeared very scarce at the time too. I asked the dude at the front counter about it and he just said it's cause they dropped Intense.
Seemed wrong, considering they were low on pretty much everything.

Will update on what I see.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'm also thinking of buying a Norco Range which the sell or at least used to.
I just got a Norco Range frame from Yarra Valley Cycles at a good price, they sell the complete bikes as well, although you can't get the C7.1 in Australia (just frame only). Johnny Sprockets in Queensland are selling an ex demo C7.2 for a decent price. I'm selling a 2016 Range frame on here if you're interested, if you want a new 2016 complete bike 99 Bikes were doing them for stupidly low prices recently.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Broken Spoke Victoria (Mt Mountain) was placed into liquidation about a week ago :(

For what its worth, I bought one bike off Tim and he was a lovely guy, I also am a business owner myself and I feel for the guy if its gone downhill to that degree, its not easy!

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
I went past this morning at 10:15am. Curtains were down. Didn't look like there was anyone around even when it says 10am is their opening time. There also looked to be mail under the door which has been there for a few days.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's actually very easy to communicate with your customers. He was onto a good idea but clearly he was rubbish at maintaining the business.
Yeah for sure - i just meant liquidation aint easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I went past this morning at 10:15am. Curtains were down. Didn't look like there was anyone around even when it says 10am is their opening time. There also looked to be mail under the door which has been there for a few days.
Yup, just went for a walk up there. It was around 10:55am... roller down over the door, curtains were across the windows inside.
Notice for shorter opening hours/earlier closing times for winter on the door, and mail definitely shoved underneath.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe Paramount pictures decided to enforce their trademark :noidea:
Might just be my fault. I have only bought 3 new frames from bricks & mortar shops; Pushie, Brunswick St Cycles & My Mountain. Cursed much?

moorey

call me Mia
He's still on here occasionally. Dunno about Spoken. Petri also took over the place down Victoria St before they both went belly up...

Travis22

Likes Dirt
He's still on here occasionally. Dunno about Spoken. Petri also took over the place down Victoria St before they both went belly up...
Wow these a trip down memory lane. Or should i say Somerset Lane... Then they moved didnt they to Victoria street (was still Spoken?). No idea if im thinking of the same guy, tall, thin, covered in tattoos? Was he involved in My Mountain or one of these other shops mentioned?

Racking my brain, think the guy im thinking of was Malachi?

Travis.

Last edited: