Has My mountain closed?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
sane said:
Long gone Johnny. They were so overbuilt you'd have to think there'd be a few still kicking around though.
Precisely what I'm counting on!

moorey

call me Mia
Wow these a trip down memory lane. Or should i say Somerset Lane... Then they moved didnt they to Victoria street (was still Spoken?). No idea if im thinking of the same guy, tall, thin, covered in tattoos? Was he involved in My Mountain or one of these other shops mentioned?

Racking my brain, think the guy im thinking of was Malachi?

Travis.
Petri was more connected to Tyron and the VicMTB crew. Malachi sounds familiar, but can't recall him. Pushi was in King St. The second place he took over was down Victoria St...mainly frequented by couriers and roadies. Can't think of what it was called now....bicycle hospital? :noidea:

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Vic MTB was that the shop way way way up Burke Rd? No idea who worked there but have very fond memories of these old shops, the adventures just getting to them before we had cars etc!

Malachi was an absolute legend, always looked after us 'kids' and the tattoos he was one cool dude... He really stood out back then, would blend in everywhere these days.

Travis.

Edited:: actually iirc Spoke(n) moved down out of the city at some point, st kilda ways not up (Victoria st).

moorey

call me Mia
Vic MTB was that the shop way way way up Burke Rd? No idea who worked there but have very fond memories of these old shops, the adventures just getting to them before we had cars etc!

Malachi was an absolute legend, always looked after us 'kids' and the tattoos he was one cool dude... He really stood out back then, would blend in everywhere these days.

Travis.

Edited:: actually iirc Spoke(n) moved down out of the city at some point, st kilda ways not up (Victoria st).
Yeah, Vic mtb was out there. Petri and Tyron were in cahoots to get the Sinister bikes into Aus. Petri also got a few of the 'unscrupulous dealer' frames made up...which were pretty much lifted from a dabomb, from memory.
https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?17347-New-Unscrupulous-Dealer!
https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?36162-Unscrupulous-Dealer-*Updated-Spec-and-pics*

Jpez

Down on the left!
I would have never walked out of a shop without a receipt after parting with that sort of money for anything.
Yeah I know I know. Not my brightest moment. Figured being in the system meant it was registered direct with Trek but didn't quite think that one through.

Possible that Trek have the purchase details. Give their Australia HQ a call, they're usually pretty helpful.
Shot them an email explaining the situation. I'm thinking they will sort me out.

Good riddance.
Couldn't agree more. I only rang about the Norco because I was hoping they had a demo bike I could hire as mine is busted ATM. No plans on spending hard earned with them.

I would register your bike on the trek website if you haven't done so already. Also drop into TFM and explain the problem, Trek are pretty solid and you should get some help from them.
Will do immediately. I spoke to the TFM and they told me they'd help out with it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I just got a Norco Range frame from Yarra Valley Cycles at a good price, they sell the complete bikes as well, although you can't get the C7.1 in Australia (just frame only). Johnny Sprockets in Queensland are selling an ex demo C7.2 for a decent price. I'm selling a 2016 Range frame on here if you're interested, if you want a new 2016 complete bike 99 Bikes were doing them for stupidly low prices recently.

Was in 99 bikes the other day actually and you're right their prices are pretty damn good. Saw Johnny Sprockets too. Nice deal.
Yours looks like a decent deal but I just want a complete bike I don't t have to faff with.
But now the Transition Patrol has caught my eye. Choices choices.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
They moved to the corner of St Kilda Rd and Carlisle St, opposite the St Kilda town hall. They were then bought out by a Specialized dealer, becoming Rush Cycling (same guys as Total Rush and Hampton Cylcles I believe).

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
always wondered what happened to spoken, bought my yeti from them way back when and there was no dealer in tas.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
For what its worth, I bought one bike off Tim and he was a lovely guy
I found Tim to be a fairly affable bloke, but...

It's actually very easy to communicate with your customers.
Having spent a chunk of money on a SC frame, with zero communication after a deposit was paid, and what I presume were straight up lies to keep me waiting 108 days for one... communication was a serious issue, Tim blamed the guy that used to import SC, that dick blamed Tim, I should have just ordered one from overseas, and had one in 1-2 weeks like a mate did.

No one I rode with would shop there after that, word of mouth is a powerful thing.

Ah yeah Tyron, has anyone ever loved themselves as much as he did/does...

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I found Tim to be a fairly affable bloke, but...

No one I rode with would shop there after that, word of mouth is a powerful thing.

Ah yeah Tyron, has anyone ever loved themselves as much as he did/does...
Classic
Every interaction left me in wonder of humans

moorey

call me Mia
Had limited dealings with Tyron back in the VicMTB days, but a couple since then at Groupe Sportif, and found him to be a most pleasant and helpful chap :noidea:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Had limited dealings with Tyron back in the VicMTB days, but a couple since then at Groupe Sportif, and found him to be a most pleasant and helpful chap :noidea:
maybe I bring out the fuckwittery and self absorption in others. Dont mean to bag anyone - just couldnt relate on any level regardless of how many times I tried.

It is sad for the employees, families, debtors and customers when a business fails. Time and time again we see businesses that over extend and attempt to stock vast amounts of bling- fail. Shops can get stuff in very quickly and I dont mind waiting. At the end of the day, customer service is paramount and I continue to shop where the service is great. I pay more for stuff through my LBS but its worth it. Hell, who else would put up with me and my upgradeitis. I shop at Summit, The Ride Cycles and Cycle Works because of the staff- I love them very much.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
maybe I bring out the fuckwittery and self absorption in others. Dont mean to bag anyone - just couldnt relate on any level regardless of how many times I tried.

It is sad for the employees, families, debtors and customers when a business fails. Time and time again we see businesses that over extend and attempt to stock vast amounts of bling- fail. Shops can get stuff in very quickly and I dont mind waiting. At the end of the day, customer service is paramount and I continue to shop where the service is great. I pay more for stuff through my LBS but its worth it. Hell, who else would put up with me and my upgradeitis. I shop at Summit, The Ride Cycles and Cycle Works because of the staff- I love them very much.
Couldnt agree more! Boys at Summit are legit :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia

It's usually me bringing out the worst in others....:behindsofa:
I can't imagine JD, the gentle giant getting cranky.
With MM, I only know what mates who shopped there passed on, never went there myself, but all, without exception, had a woeful experience.
Tyron was really helpful getting felix a 20" kona mtb about 6 years ago, that weren't meant to come into the country. Wasn't because he knew me...I'm positive he didn't remember me from earlier days...but went out of his way regardless.
You know me, I don't pull punches when I think someone deserves a serve...
As far as LBS's these days, Dynamite Cycles in Buninyong restored my faith. Absolute champs with both bike stuff and supporting the sport. Shop owners and mechanic have become good friends. The local scene doesn't have enough good guys, hence the move to shopping online.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Wow it's interesting how there is a similar theme running through the comments.
If I'd known more about the bike scene before I shopped there I definitely would have gone elsewhere.
So far Tim has refused to answer my FB messages regarding my warranty. Which continues the theme when I ordered and bought the bloody thing off himwhich was a drama in itself.
I hope he gets his hipster beard caught in a bike chain and rips it off. Hopefully he reads this and takes something away from it but arrogance that big is rarely changed.

On a good note Trek might have the crappest paint in the industry but I can only give them top marks for. Customer service. They have been nothing but super helpful and said they will sort a new warranty for me as long I provide the cc payment details and serial number so all good.
And to take my reverb dildo to any other Trek dealer and they will send it off like all the thousands preceding it and send me back a new one.

So I'm pretty happy with that.