Has My mountain closed?

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
I always feel a twinge of sadness when someone's venture doesn't pan out. I'm sure there's a lot of stress involved with a business going the wrong way though can't help but echo others sentiments of poor service and lack of knowledge displayed by staff there. I went in to look at the Intense Uzzi as I was thinking of building up a 170mm bike (not that I really need it). After I explained exactly what I was looking for and why I wanted something with more travel (170mm) and a tad groovier and sturdier than my current Pikes (ie Fox 36 or Lyrics), they said forget the Uzzi, check out this... and showed me the superb, all-dominating Trek Fuel 5... with 130mm of RS Sektor forks.

I couldn't understand why they couldn't understand what I wanted, so in a pall of misunderstanding I left; Sad; Misunderstood; Uzzi-less...

Ideate

.. they said forget the Uzzi, check out this... and showed me the superb, all-dominating Trek Fuel 5... with 130mm of RS Sektor forks.
lol.. "I want a 170mm Uzzi to get rowdy."... "Oh cool mate, what about one of these instead?? They go alright m8!"

42042914-1-sz.jpg

canttellifserious.jpg

Flow-Rider

Burner
I always feel a twinge of sadness when someone's venture doesn't pan out. I'm sure there's a lot of stress involved with a business going the wrong way though can't help but echo others sentiments of poor service and lack of knowledge displayed by staff there. I went in to look at the Intense Uzzi as I was thinking of building up a 170mm bike (not that I really need it). After I explained exactly what I was looking for and why I wanted something with more travel (170mm) and a tad groovier and sturdier than my current Pikes (ie Fox 36 or Lyrics), they said forget the Uzzi, check out this... and showed me the superb, all-dominating Trek Fuel 5... with 130mm of RS Sektor forks.

I couldn't understand why they couldn't understand what I wanted, so in a pall of misunderstanding I left; Sad; Misunderstood; Uzzi-less...
Nooo comprende me neither... :llama:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Sounds like almost every lbs...yep I hear you, you want exactly what I have on the floor and need to move.

cammas

Seamstress
Maybe I was lucky but I had no major issues when shopping at MM as I have been buying bikes from there since back when Mark owned it. Over the years I brought my sons session there plus 4 out of my last 5 bikes including my current steed, yes some of the younger guys had no idea but shit I've copped that at nearly every other shop I've been to as well.

Tim always helped out and price matched where he could, always knew my name when I walked in even when hadn't been there for 18 months, as I don't live in Melbourne they would post stuff out to me when needed. The only thing I have had issues with was calling me back but then again I'm still waiting for others to call back.

The only thing I am cursing myself for is not grabbing another pair of Teva shoes off him that he was selling for $100.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I had the old trick of ordering some wheels at quoted price then when picking up he said 'oh that was without GST':spy:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well literally nobody wants to trash talk ebikes so let's do this instead..

Anyone that buys genuine ENVE rims over LB's is a wanker.
Nah, the higher modulus carbon fibre provides better conductivity for the transfer of e-bike power into the ground. It's money well spent in this constantly evolving quest to ride slightly faster.

specialized32

Likes Bikes
Moving on. I had my experience back with MM when they were doing yeti builds. Tim was always helpful and definitely learnt a few tips and tricks from him but there pricing wasn't competitive even to my lbs so we parted ways then next I checked he is all treck? up maybe last dying pitch to get a big brand in and save the business. I go to YVC now or summit now good blokes, priced well good service

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

velolove

Likes Dirt
They provided me with the only significantly negative bike store experience when I took my yeti there for an overhaul..
How long ago was that? I've only had a positive experience dealing with the mechanics there.

I heard that trek was going to take over the store like they did in Hoppers Crossing.

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
It was only earlier this year. I'm not gonna detail how bad it was, but there were a number of really sloppy mistakes, which combined with really poor and condescending communication left me with a bitter taste.

Cocophagia

Cannon Fodder
I don't get it. My bikes were there and I couldn't contact them for weeks to get them back. I got em back eventually. Something about a family tragedy or a car accident/ :noidea: I mean I don't mind if the company is insolvent, just needed my bikes back. I have quite a few people who have asked me what happened to MM because of similar issues to the original poster. The owner seemed nice enough, maybe shit has happened in the family.

Anyway. I need someone to service my bikes on the west side. So far I have not found anyone that can vaguely get the job done. Any recommendations?

Ideate

Anyway. I need someone to service my bikes on the west side. So far I have not found anyone that can vaguely get the job done. Any recommendations?
Where in the west?

What bikes?

What do you want serviced? General? Suspension?