Has the 2nd hand market changed yet again?

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I've had a couple of bike frames, bikes and bike parts for sale lately (on FB mostly)... and have struggled to get any interest in them at all. Has the 2nd hand market cooled dramatically lately? Has the lifting of lockdown restrictions had an effect on the market? A year ago, stuff was selling for stupid prices, literally as soon as it was listed... I don't think that's the case now. Thoughts?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Dunno if its changed, blokes missus's got the clampers on bike stuff spending as Chrissy approaches.

Focus has changed to holiday time.

Wait till the fuss is over... Boxing day sales when the Chrissy cash arrives, NY when the clampers come off :p

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I reckon 1 year ago, there was a lot more FOMO attitude amongst buyers as well. Maybe too, the money has started to run out for some too...now tightening the purse strings.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I reckon 1 year ago, there was a lot more FOMO attitude amongst buyers as well. Maybe too, the money has started to run out for some too...now tightening the purse strings.
Most of the banks have started to lift fixed interest home rates, but the other note, I wouldn't give good parts away as there's still a parts shortage.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just the time of year Muz, it will pick up January... and possibly ELEVATE TO NEW STUPID HEIGHTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Ha...it was worth a try...I was gutted when you beat me to that frame by mere minutes. Stache is my favourite frame to single speed.
I was looking for a Stache, Honzo, Meta or something like that for ages but nobody stocked them in CBR so I couldn't size one up before forking out the dosh. For $180, I'm not going to be pissed if this one isn't my thing. If it's not, I'll hit you up first.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I've had a couple of bike frames, bikes and bike parts for sale lately (on FB mostly)... and have struggled to get any interest in them at all. Has the 2nd hand market cooled dramatically lately? Has the lifting of lockdown restrictions had an effect on the market? A year ago, stuff was selling for stupid prices, literally as soon as it was listed... I don't think that's the case now. Thoughts?
I noticed over here there is a shit load of stuff up for sale. I’ve really noticed a lot of Scott Bonnar mowers on market place. I reckon the Covid impulse purchases are starting to get moved on.