have they discovered a cure for muscle cramps?

moorey

call me Mia
Not riding fixes it. I took 5 years off the bike a while back, and never suffered one in all that time. Unfortunately, when I returned to the bike, they somehow knew, and had their revenge, and then some.

Personally, I have tried most of the surefire cures, from magnesium supplements, salt and electrolyte increase, increased hydration.....but in the end, i think its always been my sub par fitness that's left me frequently rolling on the ground from the 4h mark onwards in a 6h race. :pout:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
It's 3-4hrs after I get off the bike that mine set in. Only after I've ever gone too hard, or too long.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Not riding fixes it. I took 5 years off the bike a while back, and never suffered one in all that time. Unfortunately, when I returned to the bike, they somehow knew, and had their revenge, and then some.

Personally, I have tried most of the surefire cures, from magnesium supplements, salt and electrolyte increase, increased hydration.....but in the end, i think its always been my sub par fitness that's left me frequently rolling on the ground from the 4h mark onwards in a 6h race. :pout:
This be true says I.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

I haven't suffered many cramps on the bike but my feet cramp like crazy, even when I am not exerting them.

Had some foot cramps in bed last night, and no, it wasn't my birthday.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have always suffered leg cramps after sport which would stop me sleeping. Best thing I have found is taking one panadol. Just knocks them out.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've found fish oil capsules help. I used to suffer massive cramps in my legs if I surfed then rode on the same day for 2 or 3 consecutive days. Started the fish oil and after a few months the cramps subsided.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I tend to cramp when I get fatigued. Tried a few different electrolytes but not pushing too hard too early seems to work the best. I've always been able to bring on a cramp buy lying down and stretching my legs, pointing my toes and holding it, and that's fully rested. When riding and I can feel a cramp coming on I just back off or even stop for a bit, but once that starts I know I'm shot and can't push any more.

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Used to cramp towards the end of long rides. Added almonds, figs and green smoothies to my regular intake to bump up my magnesium.. Haven't cramped since

Won't work for everyone, did work for me.