Have you tried turning it off and on again?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I notice there a has been a few IT related questions in the past and like many other obscure topics there's a general wealth of knowledge floating around the forum, so I propose a place to come and ask questions for the technologically challenged.

I've been using the same domain/email host for over ten years but they've dropped the ball majorly twice this year and I don't have the compassion to give them a third go at redemption. So who are you using, who have you used in the past, who should I steer clear of? I'm happy to pay for a quality provider and currently have up to 100 IMAP accounts sharing 10GB storage.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I use Net Virtue for my web hosting, might be worth having a good look at.

I was going to recommend Google until I saw the 100 IMAP accounts bit!

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I use Net Virtue for my web hosting, might be worth having a good look at.

I was going to recommend Google until I saw the 100 IMAP accounts bit!
Cheers, will look at Net Virtue. I should clarify that I don't need 100 IMAP accounts, that's just what the current plan has, twenty odd would be enough. I wasn't even aware that Google offered personal domain email hosting, I'll look into that as well.

why on earth you posting at 2am? night shift, hacking someone or just couldn't sleep?
A nasty combination of chronic insomnia, bullshit work deadlines and procrastination.

ualf

Likes Dirt
I couldn't find anything that leads me to believe this is possible with 365, can you share any more detail, do you currently have a domain hosted with Microsoft?
I have some domains on both M365 and Google. Prefer M365.

A M365 account with a single E1 license allows you to create some shared mailboxes for all your licensed users to access. Don't know if there are any limits as to number you can create.

If the 100 IMAP accounts you are after are for actual individual users with separate authentication and security requirements then you would need at least an E1 license per mail box so it will add up. If budget is an issue you might just have to roll your sleeves up and use something like postfix + dovecot.