Head will roll

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
six year ban. 2-3 times what a body doping ban normally is. the UCI must actually be serious about this...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Good, total expulsion is the only answer you'd expect. It's clear she cheated, did the article say anything about the team getting banned as well? For all we know she could have been pushed into it by demanding team reps. Still, she had to have known it was there.

I wonder just how many of these devices are fitted to punter bikes who do well in club races or even just riding for their own enjoyment? Anyone here got one?

Edit: Holy fuckballs! The device is $4,000 AUD!

Last edited:

Freediver

I can go full Karen
When they sell an "Invisible Performance Package" they are obviously marketing it for cheats. Whether that’s a sneaky advantage over some mates or international event cheating makes no difference to me, whoever is behind Vivax needs to be slapped.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I wonder just how many of these devices are fitted to punter bikes who do well in club races or even just riding for their own enjoyment? Anyone here got one?
Yeah $4k isn't exactly for the average punter! But then again those hubbards drop $10k+ like it's nothing. $4k for guaranteed performance, why not?

I'd like one of these to be honest, 50-100w means I can expand my rides to mix it up with some of the hardcore riders that I know I won't ever be able to keep up with. They are great people, but sometime I KNOW I'm slowing them too much even if they don't say so.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yeah $4k isn't exactly for the average punter! But then again those hubbards drop $10k+ like it's nothing. $4k for guaranteed performance, why not?

I'd like one of these to be honest, 50-100w means I can expand my rides to mix it up with some of the hardcore riders that I know I won't ever be able to keep up with. They are great people, but sometime I KNOW I'm slowing them too much even if they don't say so.
Imagine it: You do the Tuesday ride and they drop you. Your parcel arrives on Wednesday, you fit it up then do the Thursday ride and smoke them! They'll call you Lance but still won't have a clue what you're packing and they'll think it's genuine. ;)

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Imagine it: You do the Tuesday ride and they drop you. Your parcel arrives on Wednesday, you fit it up then do the Thursday ride and smoke them! They'll call you Lance but still won't have a clue what you're packing and they'll think it's genuine. ;)
It's going to be the future of shuttles. I can think of a couple of awesome descents that would be well worth it if you could do them twice in a day and ride up the hill at 15kmh rather than 7kmh

There was another setup from Eastern Europe somewhere I saw, bloke was charging $20k minimum per bike. Said he'd installed to some of the top teams who were using them as a pacing bike

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Pretty sure she didn't put the motor in their on her own. Whole team and all of it's sponsors should share the ban

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guaranteed, some pro has used something like this in the peleton.

It would be perfect for cyclocross or even MTB racing - Imagine a small little 60 second boost on a pinch climb to put your competitors deep into the redzone that they would struggle to recover from. That way the battery could be very, very small. Seems like this is how she won her U23 Euro title......

http://www.stickybottle.com/offroad...he-using-motor-in-this-race-clip-take-a-look/

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When they sell an "Invisible Performance Package" they are obviously marketing it for cheats. Whether that’s a sneaky advantage over some mates or international event cheating makes no difference to me, whoever is behind Vivax needs to be slapped.
"The rain made Floyd Landis drink 13 cappuccinos."

https://books.google.com.au/books?i...UQ6AEIPTAI#v=onepage&q=13 cappuccinos&f=false

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
man, this is really disappointing to see.

Why is a company selling it as a covert device that remains hidden?

The last thing we need is people cheating by dropping 4k on a hidden electric motor :/ I mean, I can see the advantage of it for non competitive riding with getting up that hill if there's no shuttles but now that we know of these things event organizers are going to have to somehow learn how to check for these devices right?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
No way. If I am only a little slower then they might think so, but given my abysmal climbing ability all of my cycling mates will be all over it. Not that I'd try to hide it - why be an ass and do that. If you're going to e bike, be open about it.

On a side note, my riding style is more like, do a Tues ride and smash riding group A, do a thurs ride and get killed by riding group B. Cannot ride for a week after that. :p

MARKL

Eats Squid
Pretty sure she didn't put the motor in their on her own. Whole team and all of it's sponsors should share the ban
Agreed, would love to see a massive fine and ban for the team and manufacturer. That would do more to discourage mechanical doping than anything else.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
six year ban. 2-3 times what a body doping ban normally is. the UCI must actually be serious about this...
I reckon the length probably stems from the fact that this is much easier to prove. Like there's literally a motor there helping you.
If you cheat with drugs, there's still some doubt that you took them on doctors orders for something unrelated etc.

(Not that I condone drug cheating etc).

Maybe they'll start xraying bikes or something to look for the hidden stuff...