Heads up for a bargain Bronson bike!

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Looks like CRC are now shipping Santa Cruz to Oz!
Around $3.8k plus shipping for a $6k (locally; if you can get one....) alloy Bronson

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
4k ish with shipping
plus gst
plus import duty
plus customs broker

I reckon add an additional 1k for good luck.

Still alright.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'll say, good news and makes my finger itchy ad credit card nervous already. I better not have a few stiff drinks and go to CRC any time soon. The alloy Bronson at $3.8k is tempting. A 5010 S spec would look good on me but the pricing is pretty local and not a bargain yet.

Now if Fox, SRAM and other market protectors let down down their guard then it would be better all round instead of reaming their customer base in a global economy that are over regional distributor protectionism. I'm a little off topic already, whoops.........

Maybe the xmas clearance sales will be even better.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
I think you'll find that there is no duty to be paid on complete bikes, only on frames and parts. I bought one from CRC back in 2011 and only had to pay GST and for a broker. A call to a broker would confirm that.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
4k ish with shipping
plus gst
plus import duty
plus customs broker

I reckon add an additional 1k for good luck.

Still alright.
I'll say. It was brought to my attention on the weekend by a riding buddy who was going for it. I just heard this afternoon that he left his order a day late and missed the extra 10% Xmas discount they were offering. D'ohhh.
Still a good deal though - looks like we'll be able to keep a grand or two in our pockets on these things in the future

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
4ishK and no dropper (!!!), NX bits, Novatec hubs and low end Fox fork. Jeepers, you would have to really want that Santa Cruz logo...

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think you'll find that there is no duty to be paid on complete bikes, only on frames and parts. I bought one from CRC back in 2011 and only had to pay GST and for a broker. A call to a broker would confirm that.
No duty on frames either.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yes there is. If it’s over 1k
There is various duties on goods if order value over 1k. These vary from 5% to 11% depending on the category and origin of goods (manufacturing not place of purchase.) Not all cycling stuff comes under the same code for customs clearance. Each unique product also requires an individual line and has its associated processing fees. Some of this you'll experience if you don't use a freight forwarding company with their own in house brokers. Customs once tried to combine my Dartmoor order with another large importers order and the gst/customs bill was 60k. 100pages worth of paperwork for the above item line counts.