Heel bone spurs

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I've a heel bone spur slowly growing on my right foot.

I've had a Google, not sure what I've done to aggravate. MTB shoes are very comfy Cannondale's, pedals are eggbeaters on high float setting. I run infrequently in professionally fitted asics shoes.

Doesn't hurt yet, I can push on it quite hard.

Anyone else experienced this? Off to my gp anyway tomorrow.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461127287.059425.jpg

stirk

Burner
That's a corn luv, best give the pumps a rest for a while.

Besides the cycling shoes and pumps what other shoe do you wear? Go running much?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
That's a corn luv, best give the pumps a rest for a while.

Besides the cycling shoes and pumps what other shoe do you wear? Go running much?
Too hard for a corn me thinks, plus the skin is unblemished. Let's hope you are right.

discofrank

Likes Dirt

I've had a Google, not sure what I've done to aggravate. MTB shoes are very comfy Cannondale's, pedals are eggbeaters on high float setting. I run infrequently in professionally fitted asics shoes.
googling for health stuff with symptoms is a bad idea...

can give you the wrong and scary results !
go see you dr/ health care professional for a correct diagnosis, then google !!! and or ask for help if any others have had the same issues

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Nope, that's not what a heal spur is, and even heal spur is a misnomer.

Medicine is best practised offline

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yes yes I do realise one can google their way to ovarian cancer, regretfully I didn't structure my original post clearly and include an "I think" . Off to the GP tomorrow.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Doesn't hurt yet, I can push on it quite hard.

Anyone else experienced this? Off to my gp anyway tomorrow.

View attachment 327425
No need for the gp. The issue is using your white dog as a foot rest. Cease this at one and Find will cease their covert mission against your Achilles.

stirk

Burner
How did you diagnose a spur?
The other question is why the fuck do bogans say me thinks?
Can't say I've ever heard a bogan say me thinks. You must be hanging out with some highbrow bogans, or fairly normal Australians.

Link, you may need to amputate, some research I've been doing tells me it's googleitis, very serious condition with multiple causes and an endless choice of remedies including but not limited to drinking bats blood while hanging upside down on a figtree branch in the light of a new moon on a Sunday night.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Possible enthesopathy at the heel. Its achilles tendon enthesopathy.

Travis.
Ha, just thinking similar- that's a rabbit hole to go down - not painful though?

Well more specifically I was thinking enthesitis, but asymptomatic confuses my small brain

Last edited:

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Lack of pain because of the chronic nature of the injury or worst case damage to the nerves.

Best bet see the ppl at MP Sports in Frankstone or Olympic Park in the city. GP referral required.

Travis.

Last edited:

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey dude, i have the exact same thing but mine are much larger on both feet. I saw my GP about it, apparently its a calcified lump caused by tearing your Achilles. Ive moved my cleats back and havent had any issues since although the lumps are still there, id go see your GP.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Doc thinks it's bone spurs too, waiting on follow up visit post X-rays but the 20 cent coined sized "bad looking spot, probably melanoma, biopsy to be sure" on my shoulder has taken precedence atm.