Hellfire 2017

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
The Avantiplus Hellfire Cup is back with new trails already built and more on the way.
We will post some trail pics and updates here but to get you started.........

_DSC2414.jpg
_DSC2443.jpg
10410939_10153150686884289_8137007048496923704_n.jpg
1796665_10153131861549289_665836756565692440_n.jpg
11021218_10153150687029289_6657353902509092429_n.jpg
_DG03490.jpg
_DG03482.jpg
_DG00790.jpg
_DG00856.jpg
_DG00860.jpg
_DG00864.jpg

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
it is funny you should ask about E-bikes
As we have no intention of having them at the event.
*Please note the the event director doesn't hate E-bikes, nor does he think they are they are the future or the demise of cycling, they are just something something else people ride. Sorry for the non controversial noninflammatory response as it isn't the custom in online debate I may receive a ban.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I wonder if electric motor bikes are allowed mr selfpropelled? Oh the irony in the website name!
Leave it be, dude. You weren't even participating in the race in so I'm not sure why you actually care.

Anyway, please don't derail this thread with the E-bike argument. This thread is about awesome looking trails and how I can convince my wife to let me go on a bike holiday to Tassie.

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
Rider reviews

Hi, I thought we would share some rider reviews from our events so people riders contemplating a trip to Tassie in November can see what people who like the hellfire experience and some of our other events got from the experience.

WWW.SXCRACING.COM, NSW
The Hellfire Cup
“This is the essence of mountain biking, and it’s great to come to a place like Hellfire to remember what mountain biking is really about. The stages were awesome, hard to compare to other races as the country and trails are very unique.”

MARATHONMTB.COM
The Hellfire Cup
*“When the two Commonwealth Games MTB medallists racing both say: “this is real mountain biking – and we love it”, you know you are onto a good thing.*“

DREW JOHNSTON, SYDNEY NSW
The Hellfire Cup
*“Last day of the Hellfire Cup and only 5k’s of competitive racing to go. It has been hands down the best MTB event I have ever been to & participated in. The stages & terrain have been uber cool. Some of the trails here are best I have ridden in Australia, and some with absolutely killer views.”**
ROBBY HOLMES* NORTHERN TASMANIA
The Hellfire Cup
"Thanks Hellfire crew and sponsors for an awesome four days of awesome riding, great folks and top cider all in a bonza place! Rocked!" *

JON ODAMS SYDNEY, NSW
The Hellfire Cup
*"A true mountain bike race on real mountain bike tracks. Well organized and a great atmosphere too! "*

JODY BUSH* LAUNCESTON, TAS
The Hellfire Cup
"This was one great race with an interesting format, nice tracks, good camping, great food, amazing views and hot showers! "

ROWENA FRY 2014 OCEANIA XC ELIMINATOR CHAMPION"
"Well done on a good event! Everyone I spoke to had only positive things to say." *

Kyle Ward , NSW
The Hellfire Cup
"Some of the best #organic untouched trails in Australia, all linked together over a 4 day period ... making it one of Australia's best MTB Stage Races ! ”

David Ransom - My Mountain Melbourne
The Hellfire Cup
The last week at the Avantiplus Hellfire Cup was definitely an experience I’ll never forget! The 7 stages over 4 days through Tasmania’s South East Coast was all-in-all the most enjoyable race I’ve ever done!
Mel and I simply went to get rad and have a good time. With such a high quality field we definitely didn’t expect to finish on the podium, let alone get 2nd. Mel killed it and definitely deserves more of the $2k cheque than I do!
*Duncan and his team at Hellfire have persevered over the last few years to set up an event that delivers on every level and should be commended. Huge thanks to Mel for having me along, My Mountain for all your support, Charlie & Wil for keeping my bike up and running, and Kai Fuller for the shot of me as my natural idiot self. Already looking forward to next year!

Giant Bootleg Brewery Racing Perth WA
The Hellfire Cup
"The 2014 Hellfire Cup is done and dusted, third time lucky with the first event being cancelled due to bush fires; the second event being a wash out! The event was a huge success held over 4 days in perfect Tassie weather. Huge shout out to Duncan, Sarah and the army of volunteers that made it all happen and their great hospitality.

Congratulations to Michael Kerklaan and Simon Dec with their 2nd place, with some very close tactical racing with the SXC boys from Sydney.
The boys highly recommend this event to the stage-racer enthusiast held on organic mtb trails in Kellevie. The logistics for the interstate traveller is easy with an event village from where the event starts and finishes each day, with plenty of room to setup a tent or park your camper van, with all amenities supplied.
Big shout to our sponsors Giant Bicycles Australia and Bootleg Brewery, Margaret River for the awesome support!*
The boys highly recommend this event to the stage-racer enthusiast held on organic mtb trails in Kellevie."

Jody Bush Launceston, Tasmania
The Hellfire Cup
“Hell Fire Cup done and dusted! A great race all round, interesting format, nice tracks, good camping, great food, amazing views and hot showers! Well the dust has settled and the reality of work has set back in after the Hell Fire Cup. This was one great race with an interesting format, nice tracks, good camping, great food, amazing views and hot showers! Much fun was had, a flat tyre, a couple of crashes, some singing and a healthy mix of mud and sun! I struggled a bit with the racing suffering from a cold and may have left a lung somewhere in the camp ground. Despite this Coops and I had a great time on our little retro bikes (soon to be collectables!). We managed to win our category (mixed vets). Thanks to those who put on a great race and the other competitors who shared the joy.”

Ben Masterman, Hobart
The Hellfire Cup
"Let me know when entries open next year I can’t wait."

Simon Delaney , Hobart
The Lumberjack
"Thanks for hosting a great event on the weekend. I had a great time even thogh I*was at the back of the pack. Cheers looking forward to the next one now."

Greg Dwyer. Huonville*
The Lumber Jack
"Thanks so much for the weekend - t'was awesome - very happy to come back and enjoy another weekend.* I wish I could just get on it once over one of your weekends though.* You and Sarah put on fabulous events - so thanks"

Leigh Wighton
The Lumberjack
"Awesome weekend. Good trails. Cool format. Great people. Big thanks to the organisers, volunteers, spectators and competitors. I had a blast."

Rebecca Locke, Willy/Locke Racing, Melbourne Vic
The Hellfire Cup
“Our favourite race of the calendar HellFire Cup!”

RENATA BUCHER, SWITZERLAND.
The Hellfire Cup
“I loved travelling to the SE corner of beautiful Tassie to take part in a 4 day, unreal mountain biking stage race. What an awesome experience and all round fantastic event!"

CYCLERY NORTHSIDE/CUORE, SYDNEY NSW *
The Hellfire Cup
“This event is possibly one of the best weekends away you could spend mountain biking and hanging out with friends old & new.”

SAMARA SHEPPARD, NZ
The Hellfire Cup
“Such a great event, I really enjoyed my days racing in Tazzie! The atmosphere there, the organisation and the trails we rode were just awesome :) Looking forward to the next Hellfire Cup in 2017.”

HOLLY HARRIS, TORQ NUTRITION RACING, ARMIDALE NSW
The Hellfire Cup
*“Well done to the Hellfire crew, what an*awesome racing atmosphere!. If you haven't done Hellfire it is definitely one to put on the To Do list!”

TRISTAN WARD, TORQ NUTRITION RACING, RIVETT ACT
The Hellfire Cup
“Thank you Duncan and the Hellfire crew for your hard work and great event”

BRIONY MATTOCKS, SYDNEY NSW
The Hellfire Cup
*“You guys rocked it - already pencilled in for 2017.”

JOHN GARDNER, CANDELO NSW
The Hellfire Cup
“Thanks for a great 4 days. Loved every bit of it, especially the Hell Brew”

ALAN VOGT, HAWKER ACT
The Hellfire Cup
*“We had a super wicked time rollicking around your trails. Thanks a bunch Duncan, Sarah, Hellcrew and the MTN Trails guys!”

KYLE WARD, SYDNEY NSW
The Hellfire Cup
*“Some of the best #organic untouched trails in Australia, all linked together over a 4 day period ... making it one of Australia's best MTB Stage Races !”

JODY BUSH, LAUNCESTON TAS
The Hellfire Cup
“Great event, one of the best I have done, an amazing atmosphere!”

CHRIS STREDWICK, ULVERSTONE TAS
The Hellfire Cup
“Great event, magic location, sweet trails, love to smash it again!”

LIZ SMIT, NZL
The Hellfire Cup
“The best 4 days of biking goodness ever! Hellfire rocks. The end.”

KAREN HILL, FITZROY VIC
The Hellfire Cup
“Duncan, Sarah and the whole ‪#‎hellfirecup crew know how to put on a great race. I can’t wait to do it all over again in 2017!”

KYLE BROWN, HOBART TAS
The Hellfire Cup
“Thanks to all who helped, participated or cheered from the sidelines ‪#‎hellfirecup is a belter of a stage race and I strongly recommend it”

SAM CALOW, LAUNCESTON TAS
The Hellfire Cup
“I had an absolute blast!”

JENNI KING, PEDALAB RACING, MELBOURNE VIC
The Hellfire Cup
“The crew sure put on a fantastic event. Will definitely be back again! After travelling the world and racing for 15 years this is in my top 5!”

AL TURNOCK, HOBART TAS
The Hellfire Cup
“Hellfire is more than the bike. There's the people for starters , then there's art, music, food, fires (must pack marshmallows next time), the whole shebang!”

*LUKE GRIFFITHS, HOBART TAS
The Hellfire Cup
“This was my first one, it was an event I was stoked to be in. Already thinking about the lumberjack and 2017. Thanks so much for having me!”

WIL BARRETT, MARATHONMTB & AUSTRALIAN MOUNTAIN BIKE MAGAZINE
The Hellfire Cup
*“The trails were bananas-good, and I loved the really raw and technical stuff that is often missing from MTB race courses these days. I also enjoyed watching the camaraderie that comes along with the pairs racing format, and it was a pleasure hanging out with many awesome dudes and dudettes who are just as mad for it as I am!
I also owe an enormous thank you to Duncan Giblin & Sarah for their kind hospitality, and for welcoming me to this beautiful part of the world. Along with their hard-working team, they put on a stellar event that as far as I'm concerned, sets the bar for many other mountain bike races out there. Of course they have the beautiful Tassie environment working in their favour, but along with awesome singletrack, slick management, fantastic amenities and the chilled camping atmosphere, there is no doubt in my mind that they have a very special event on their hands.
For photographic evidence that I did indeed race a mountain bike in between eating tacos and drinking beer, find me @wilrides on Instagram.

JACKIE SCHAPEL, ADELAIDE SA
The Hellfire Cup
“The pair’s format is such an asset to this race and with the diverse range of stages, in a truly spectacular part of the world, is really what sets this race apart from others.
This is a race for all, not just elite. So it was great to see those young and old, racing in pairs or solo going up to collect their medals.”*

BELINDA HADDEN, WANDANA HEIGHTS VIC
The Hellfire Cup
*“This was one of the most enjoyable events with camping on site, lunch provided each day, hot showers and clean toilets, and amazing coffee each morning to kick start the day!”

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
More Hellfire Cup hand cut trail goodness and other news :)

Latest Newsletter is out
PHP:
http://hellfirecup.cmail19.com/t/ViewEmail/r/A087760E65CCAF852540EF23F30FEDED/B446B6A139F57E240B3A73003FEB3522

Attachments

agent laraby

Likes Dirt
This Hellfire will be the best course yet.
We have had great feedback from our past events but The Peoples Republic of Trail Building team will not rest on their laurels and continue to produce hand built dirt love. With Mtn Trails starting new additions this week there will be even more on offer for Hellfire.
www.hellfirecup.com November 16th - 19th
Entries Close October 10th.

Attachments