Hello from Perth WA

Walshy80

Squid
Hello All,

Like many of you guys I am mad about all things regarding mountain bikes. I love everything about the sport from being out in the bush, riding new trails and learning more and more about the equipment and changes in technology improving my skills and knowledge as a rider and home mechanic.

I am keen to learn from those that may have more experience and realise that you can learn something from everyone you chat with. I have been riding a XC bike that is now quite dated and I am rapidly learning that my riding style is pushing me onto an all mountain bike pretty rapidly and am hoping to use the knowledge base of rotor burn to assist me in buying the correct bike for me.

I look forward to learning from you guys.

Walshy80

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Welcome Walshy, you've come to the right place. Plenty of people with scrutinized opinions here so you should do alright. Enjoy..

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Welcome!
if you have stalk book, KMBC
heaps of ripper trails in kala if you dont know allready

mmm i might have a Trance frame for sale soon?

Walshy80

Squid
Hi DiscoFrank,

Yup on the KMBC page and frequent the Kalamunda trails. Looking for a bike that can tackle the valley trails on trailforks have walked them and will need something pretty hefty. Trance is a nice bike but I have a Giant anthem currently and am looking to change up to something a little different.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
My trance takes on the valley no worries... the 160 pike makes all the difference :)
meh i walk a few of them as well..

hell i seen a guy ride the valley on a special epic!

MRO

Likes Dirt
Heaps of locals ride the Reign. Cheap, well speced and more than enough bike for all of kalamunda

Walshy80

Squid
My trance takes on the valley no worries... the 160 pike makes all the difference :)
meh i walk a few of them as well..

hell i seen a guy ride the valley on a special epic!
Ballsy on the epic! The pike is a great fork I rode a Norco sight with a pike awesome bike! Saw a few guys riding when I was hiking the trails one on a pivot switchblade the other on a trek slash. Have ridden the trance but not the reign yet might demo one and give it a go.