Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

ChopSticks

Banned
How old are you? 23
What state do you live? NSW
How long have you been riding? 2.5yrs
Whats styles of riding do you do? wheel to the ground, hand full of brakes and screaming on fire roads
How often do you ride? once a week if I'm lucky
Tell us about your bike/s? SB66..... only one I need....can afford/have room for
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? smashed my radial head (elbow) tore the ligaments off and got 2 pins in there now + permanent love marks from pedals on my shins
Do you compete and at what level? never done a single race...but have signed up for the 2014 Mont24
Any cycling highights worth posting? did capture the moment i ate shit (breaking elbow) on camera
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Parts n Stuff, PYR, Classifieds
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? where does one start...... lbs?

Jay Taylor

Likes Bikes
Hi, I'm Jay and I suck at biking.

How old are you? - 34 this May

What state do you live? - a state of bewilderment. Oh, you mean geographically... QLD

How long have you been riding? - "This time around" since just before Christmas - very green and fresh

Whats styles of riding do you do? - Singletrack XC with many many many falls

How often do you ride? - twice a week when not recovering from latest fall

Tell us about your bike/s? - I bought a 2013 Trek 4300 and I love it but I'm sure it's out to kill me

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? - Two intercostal tears and many many many bruises

Do you compete and at what level? - No, however I am doing my first event (an 8hr) in two weeks at which I will surely die

Any cycling highights worth posting? - Nope

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? - Trading Section, and now this one I suppose

Whats your biggest or favourite rant? - Anything you care to to argue about after a few bevvys to loosen the tongue

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

Tell us about your bike/s? - I bought a 2013 Trek 4300 and I love it but I'm sure it's out to kill me

Do you compete and at what level? - No, however I am doing my first event (an 8hr) in two weeks at which I will surely die
Hello Jay, nice to meet you, oh and good bye I 'spose, nice knowing you :thumb:

Pastavore

Eats Squid

What state do you live? - a state of bewilderment. Oh, you mean geographically... QLD

How long have you been riding? - "This time around" since just before Christmas - very green and fresh

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? - Two intercostal tears and many many many bruises

Any cycling highights worth posting? - Nope

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? - Trading Section, and now this one I suppose

Whats your biggest or favourite rant? - Anything you care to to argue about after a few bevvys to loosen the tongue
Your first event is an 8hr? That is both brave AND stupid. I wholeheartedly approve.
Oh, and the best way to avoid crashing is to ride faster.

Jay Taylor

Likes Bikes
Your first event is an 8hr? That is both brave AND stupid. I wholeheartedly approve.
Oh, and the best way to avoid crashing is to ride faster.
It's also at night, and having not ridden at yet not only do I face certain death I imagine I will not be found for some time.

It was one of those things where your wife says "don't you think you should just start slowly and build up to things like this?" and your immediate response is "but darling I've google'd it and seen some clips on YouTube, how hard can it be???"

For those wondering, Humble Pie is not overly delicious.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
It's also at night, and having not ridden at yet not only do I face certain death I imagine I will not be found for some time.

It was one of those things where your wife says "don't you think you should just start slowly and build up to things like this?" and your immediate response is "but darling I've google'd it and seen some clips on YouTube, how hard can it be???"

For those wondering, Humble Pie is not overly delicious.
Gotya.

In the fatal incident, try to be thrown clear of the bike, so the fluids created by your bodily decomposition don't damage the bikes paint work, then at least your wife should have a better chance of selling it second hand after the recovery.

Oh, and strapping a dolphin lantern to your helmet is a totally acceptable lighting solution.

Jay Taylor

Likes Bikes
Gotya.

In the fatal incident, try to be thrown clear of the bike, so the fluids created by your bodily decomposition don't damage the bikes paint work, then at least your wife should have a better chance of selling it second hand after the recovery.

Oh, and strapping a dolphin lantern to your helmet is a totally acceptable lighting solution.
I was thinking something subtle...

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Maybe you could just register and sleep through the whole thing then show off by claiming the place of the other Jay Taylor from Brissie (if he is racing) when the results come out ?

Jhexp

Cannon Fodder
How old are you? 38

What state do you live? Victoria

How long have you been riding? This time around a few months, on and off for 30 years

Whats styles of riding do you do? Anything really.

How often do you ride? 1-2 times a week

Tell us about your bike/s? Trek Xcaliber 7

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? The usual bruises and scraps over the years

Do you compete and at what level? Not anymore, I did in another life on BMX

Any cycling highights worth posting? Pulling off a Cherry Picker on my first attempt when I was 13.

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? General and for sale

Whats your biggest or favourite rant?
Not a rant really but I think I rushed into getting the 29er and a hardtail, it's a nice bike and does the job but the more I've been riding the more I wish I'd gotten a dual Suspension All mountain type bike. I'm lusting after a Santa Cruz Heckler now.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Suddenly 30

How old are you? 30, 7 1/2, depends how you count
What state do you live? Qld
How long have you been riding? Since I was about 15 and decided to take my old Gemini Equalizer out on the mountain.
Whats styles of riding do you do? Trail, most of my time is spent around the usual Brisbane haunts - Gap Creek, Bunyaville, Mt Joyce.
How often do you ride? Every weekend if I get the chance, which I usually don't, so 2 out of 3 or every second is more common. I'll occasionally squeeze in a night ride during the week.
Tell us about your bike/s? Just got myself a Santa Cruz Blur TRc (thanks 99_FGT!), previously riding an '05 Giant Reign 1 in poo-brown. Absolutely loving the Blur right now.
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Dislocated my finger last year, running headlong into a tree after missing a landing & burping/tearing the sidewall in my front tire. I think I was being a bit over-zealous after just changing to tubeless and got caught out by the different handling.
Do you compete and at what level? Nope, just a weekend warrior.
Any cycling highights worth posting? Nothing really, the highlight for me has been a week-long tour around NSW with my brother sampling different rides around the place. It was great trying something new each day and just changing it up from the usual back home. Recently had a great 3 day trip to Stromlo with some mates for my 30th as well, a good way to spend it (rather than just getting drunk :yuck:).
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? General Mtb Discussion, Off Topic, For Sale :behindsofa:
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Wheel size, especially all the marketing guff. Not that I won't get involved, after all, you have to pick a wheel size and be a dick about it. :thumb:

Jay Taylor

Likes Bikes
Maybe you could just register and sleep through the whole thing then show off by claiming the place of the other Jay Taylor from Brissie (if he is racing) when the results come out ?
Came last (I think) but survived. My darling wife surprised me with my first ever dually (07 Trance 2) just before the event so it was a learning experience all round :thumb:

Jay Taylor

Likes Bikes
I prefer to think of it as not coming last in this year's event, but coming in first for next year's event.

As long as you enjoyed it, dunnin matter where you came :thumb:
Enjoyment was never in question, I'll gladly take another crack at it!

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Cool thread. I covered most of it in my intro, but I've found repetitiveness is quite rare on this forum ....:behindsofa:

So, ......

How old are you? So close to 45, I may as well be. Old enough to know better ...

What state do you live? NSW.

How long have you been riding? Bikes? Since I was 3 or 4 y.o. MTB? Got my first one in 1989. Just back after a 5 year hiatus.

Whats styles of riding do you do? Dirt. Upside down. I'm a proficient crasher.

How often do you ride? 3 to 4 times a week atm. Have done a few years commuting.

Tell us about your bike/s? '07 Trek hardtail. Upgrading componentry as budget allows.

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Yep. Plenty. Badly broke a wrist about ten years ago (ghost gum ambush) Currently limping around on a broken metatarsal from another tree attack a few weeks ago. (didn't get the species, sorry)

Do you compete and at what level? Nope, never have. Planning to have a go at XC racing before this year is out. Whatever the lowest level is.

Any cycling highlights worth posting? ? I once did The Oaks, including down to Euroka and back up again, then the single track and road down to Emu, two days in a row. On a high tensile Mongoose MTB. From memory, it weighed about 350 kg.

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? ??? I just trawl the "todays posts" and read plenty of old threads when they're linked or referred to. I'm very random. Some would say 'scattered'.

Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Don't make me choose just one. I like Johnnys' rants on here. He's a funny bugger.

Oh, alright, it's an oldy, but a goody. "Young people these days .... (insert random insult)..."

Last edited:

Ronny

Squid
How old are you? 38

What state do you live? Qld

How long have you been riding? On and off about 8-9 years

Whats styles of riding do you do? XC

How often do you ride? 1 a week when not injured

Tell us about your bike/s? 05 specialized xc. Currently undergoing a rebirth

Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Most recently fractured elbow from creek track which has kept me out for about a month.

Do you compete and at what level? If by compete you mean pay money to ride trails the yes I do compete (very badly), Level - ride have fun and drink beers at the end!

Any cycling highights worth posting? 3rd in dusk till dawn 12 hour in a team of four many many years ago. Apart from that, finishing a ride and not spewing

What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? Vets and For Sale

Whats your biggest or favourite rant? Give me a few more rums and I'll let you know

bnoob

Squid
How old are you? 49
What state do you live?QLD (Bris)
How long have you been riding? 7 years (should add that before the age of 36 I never owned a bicycle!)
Whats styles of riding do you do? XC trundler.
How often do you ride? Not as often as I'd like - once a week mostly
Tell us about your bike/s? On a SS hardtail at the moment - really need to get myself a geared bike. .
Have you had any significant bike related injuries? Fractured collarbone, shoulder blade & 4 ribs + slight RC tear (all in one stack!)
Do you compete and at what level? Mostly no
Any cycling highights worth posting? Solo 7 day dirt road tour in SE asia was a personal highlight
What forums/subforums do you visit the most on rotorburn? have a squiz at most of them.
Whats your biggest or favourite rant? I'll get back to you.