Hello X Fusion

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm 100kg, and have often wondered if a firmer neg spring would get rid of the little clunk when it tops out. It's the only niggle I have with the Trace. My experience with suspension stuff is very limited so I don't know how the Trace compares to the big players. I put it on my '19 Fuel EX and it gave the front end a much more surefooted feel than the OEM Fox 34.
Sometimes you can retrofit springs from other brands.

The X-fusion 36mm forks are very stiff to the compromise of extra weight I've found. Definitely a reliable fork, I'd buy one again anytime.
Would love to find a more suitable spring for sure. Might pull mine apart and get some measurements. Need to change the CSU anyway..

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Hey Al, congrats mate!

Question for you, the new H3C Coil is shown on an Ibis Ripmo V1 on their Youtube launch video. I can't find any reference to whether it's a "progressive" coil. Can you check into it, as if it is I'd be interested for sure :) The regressive rate of the Ripmo V1 doesn't like normal coils supposedly :(

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hey Al, congrats mate!

Question for you, the new H3C Coil is shown on an Ibis Ripmo V1 on their Youtube launch video. I can't find any reference to whether it's a "progressive" coil. Can you check into it, as if it is I'd be interested for sure :) The regressive rate of the Ripmo V1 doesn't like normal coils supposedly :(
It doesn't look like a progressive coil spring on it unless there are other springs available, for it to be progressive it will need to change coil wire diameter or winding pitch or spring diameter and or sometimes all.

Progressive type springs.

Linear coil springs.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Yeah, I thought that was the case - hence my wonderment of the Ripmo being the launch video bike. I gather that's more as Lopes is their most recognisable rider, but it still had my interest piqued!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Hey Al, congrats mate!

Sorry for the slow reply ... as per what the others have said ... XF is Linear ... I'm asking now if there are plans for Progressive rate springs.

Also asking re 38mm stanchions

@oliosky We have a small number of H3C ordered ... to suit REVEL 230/65 ... contact your fav LBS or Link if you want to pre-order ... 240day order turn around + transit times ... that said we are getting some stock in Feb

slowmick

38-39"
so by the time you get your stock it could be last years model? that's a tough business model to work with.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
We are all in the same boat globally and locally ... my PSI/Sola order is similar.

All part of the fun ...

That said its a moving picture ... XF just told me I'm getting shipments in Dec, Feb, May, Jun ... mainly Posts, but its always +/- ...

Blame COVID

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Yeah, not much stock locally right now Sorry.

as above I’ve outlined our first few shipments. From what I can tell we are boosting local stock substantially Re posts, but still early days and no where near KS numbers.
Forks will be next ... likely after June.

as FYI
Our first COVID related KS shipment lands approx 21Dec if that’s any consolation and your desperate for a post ... realistically a big chunk of that is gone Re backorders. Won’t be until March for our stock levels return to normal.

al

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Yeah, not much stock locally right now Sorry.

as above I’ve outlined our first few shipments. From what I can tell we are boosting local stock substantially Re posts, but still early days and no where near KS numbers.
Forks will be next ... likely after June.

as FYI
Our first COVID related KS shipment lands approx 21Dec if that’s any consolation and your desperate for a post ... realistically a big chunk of that is gone Re backorders. Won’t be until March for our stock levels return to normal.

al
It's gotta be hard for you guys.
Importers would be carrying a lot of risk at the moment