Helmet Cam Review #3

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I don't normally do this, but Techno has put so much effort into this review I have to pimp it out a bit more.

He's done an in-depth review of the Launch Helmet Cam Complete Pro Kit, complete with a nicely edited clip available in both low and high res demonstrating the camera kit's performance. Even if you're not interested in the review the video is worth the download. Check it out here.

DOM

Eats Squid
Yeah that review is awesome ! Techno's reviews are always awesome !!
another top notch read.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
The review is top shelf stuff.

But that video clip? Holy shit!!

Techno, you are an editing genius......my filming wasn't too bad either :p

scblack

Leucocholic
FANTASTIC video clip!!!

Without a doubt one of the best edit jobs I have seen. Just great.

cody/bogen

Likes Dirt
The review is top shelf stuff.

But that video clip? Holy shit!!

Techno, you are an editing genius......my filming wasn't too bad either :p
Hey where is the footage of toms crashes and riding? Wil they be put up somewhere else or soon?
Great filming and editing. Came out sic! bloody detailed review as well.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
And how happy they are too.

Check out the face in the second shot.

I still haven't seen the video I took of it myself yet.

Looking good Junior ;)

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Hey where is the footage of toms crashes and riding? Wil they be put up somewhere else or soon?
Great filming and editing. Came out sic! bloody detailed review as well.
Well, see, here's the thing... Tom's buddy was wearing the helmet cam when following Tom around the track, and during his two (rare) stacks. Problem is, the helmet was too small for his buddy, so it wasn't fit properly, and didn't sit properly on his head. We didn't think about checking the helmet cam's aim since earlier preliminary checks on Tom's footage looked good, so we assumed it would be good no matter who wore the helmet.

All the footage turned out to be aimed too high, and the most you'll see of Tom's two crashes are his helmet disappear from the bottom of the screen and a dust cloud rising. The footage wasn't useable at all, sadly...:(

Also, even if you could see what was happening, I didn't want to showcase anyone's mistakes in the video (not that Tom ever makes mistakes!;) )