~ HELP ~chain guide

mountain_bike man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i want to put a chain guide on my 2007 reign x1 can anyone help me to choose the right one.
also on a tight budget= second hand

spec if it helps..........

frame: ALUXX Butted aluminum, 6.75" Travel

fork: Fox 36 Vanilla R, 160mm

shock: Fox DHX 3.0 Coil

handlebar: Easton EA 50 low rise

stem: Easton Vice 31.8

seatpost: Easton EA 50 350x30.9 mm

saddle: Bel-Air RL S.D.G U.S.A

pedals: giant stock ones?

shifters: SRAM X.7 Trigger

front derailleur: Shimano LX, (chain guide on they way)

rear derailleur: SRAM X.9

brakes: Avid Juicy 5

levers: Avid

cassette: SRAM PG950 11-34T, 9 speed

chain: Shimano HG 53

cranks: Race Face Ride DH 24 / 36/ RG

BB: Race Face X Type External

rims: Alexrims Supra BH Pro

hubs: Formula Disc w/20mm front

spokes: DT Competition

tires: Hutchinson Barracuda MRC 26x2.3 folding

Last edited:

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
I'd say an E13 LG1, but what kind of riding do you do?
This should be in parts n' Stuff ;)

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
depending on what riding you do (presuming dh and all mountain type stuff) i would agree with an e thirteen lg1 guide possibly with the taco bash guard

cheers

kenanlyn

Likes Bikes
chain tensioner

the simplest and cheapest way to go is to get a blackspire stinger dual ring tensioner.(you appear to have a dual front ring)recently put one on my 06 norco shore 3.it really works a treat,put it on for a weekend at thredbo downhill,never dropped a chain or missed a gear since i put it on.got mine from phantom cycles about $58.00-$60.00.comes in three different mounting sizes depending on bottom bracket mountings.mine is ISCG mount 3 bolt holes.all u have to do is remove the the right crank slip it on bolt it up and put the crank back on.and u can ajust it anytime u want withot pulling it off.(i happen to have one for sale as i bought the wrong size at first it fits a ISCG-05 bb mount 73mm bolt spacing radius,not sure what type the giant has.DMR also make one very similar but a bit dearer.its a cheaper alternative to a full dual guide system very exxy. anyway check em out for yourself on the respective websites.hope that helps KEN

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For as low as $80 you can get a single ring tensioner (TBSM) and from as much as $120 you can get a Truvativ Shift Guide (dual rings) and for about $150 you can get a e.thirteen DRS (Dual ring) or SRS guide second hand, they are both highly rated chain guides. You can buy them new for $250 also.